Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nannarose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Fibromyalgia
    My Fibromyalgia has gotten worse over the last 3 years. Is there any meds that you know of to help with the burning pain I suffer from daily.I am just about ready to throw in the white towell so to speak.I am so tired of hurting 24/7.Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    CAREGIVER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Hi.
    I Also Feel Your Pain. I Found Out I Have Fibromyalgia About 2 Months Ago. I Have Been Taking Ultraset And It Helps A lot.. I Also Try To Move Around A Lot During The Day.. My Dr Also Put Me On Some Sleep Meds And They Seem To Make It So The Pain In The Morning Is Not As Bad.. Hope This Helps.. MY DR did tell me that the ultraset can hurt my kidneys but I figure its better than not being able to get out of bed...
    lillady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nannarose
    My Fibromyalgia has gotten worse over the last 3 years. Is there any meds that you know of to help with the burning pain I suffer from daily.I am just about ready to throw in the white towell so to speak.I am so tired of hurting 24/7.Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    I have had FMS for about 10-15 yrs as well as CFS, DDD, and IBS, not to mention the little things. I have a great doc who also has chronic pain so he is super abput trying to help me find just the right meds. I have been on a lot of different ones, some have been helpful, some not. You just have to try and see what works best for you. I am allergic to the NASAID'S so I have to go the way of the heavier drugs like percoset, lortab, etc. with people with chronic pain they don't get you "high", they just take away the pain so you can be semi- productive. There is no reason that someone with chronic pain should be denied a drug that could help them, you have to be persistent with your doc or find one who will help. Besides the meds, walking really helps, not long walks, just short 10-20 min. I use my treadmill at a low speed for 10 min 2 times a day. The jacuzzi helps a lot. I even got the doc to write a script for it. Don't stay in 1 position too long, that can make it worse. Move around or change activities often. I have to every 20 minutes or so. I would be happy to talk more if you have? "s. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers
    karenotten Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
    What helps me more than anything is heavy exercise, and if I am in too much pain to start, as is the case in bad weather, I do those natural things to get my body to the point where I can exercise heavily, such as chiropractic, massage therapy, hot baths with epsom salts, all the good foods, and massage therapy. There are prescription psychopharmacological drugs that are supposed to help but after years on prescription drugs I choose to use exercise and no prescribed drugs
    TONIWALDO11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 08:34 AM
    I have been diagnosed with fibro also. I know just what you are felling! Please don't throw in the towel! I have also had three neck surgeries. Last one about ten years ago. I have tried everything for pain! The one thing that has helped me the most is tegretol. It is a seizure drug but can also be prescribed for pain. Talk to your doctor. I have had no side effects... i can't even tell i have taken it.. except my pain is a lot more bearable. I also agree with karenotten you have to make yourself exercise! No matter how bad you hurt! Please do not use narcotic pain drugs! They only make matters worst! You will find after awhile they don't work any more and now you hurt because you are hooked on them! Hope you can find some relief soon.
    ShyGirl07 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 02:30 AM
    I know of a minty sented oil that you spray on your back and stuff, for fibromyalgia, my mother has it. It says fibromyalgia right on the bottle it is yellowish and tall and skinny about as tall a pen. Search spray on oils for fibromyalgia...
    ShyGirl07 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 02:33 AM
    O24 Fibromyalgia™ 30 ML Spray Bottle
    [O24FIBRO30ML] $24.99 $19.99

O24 Fibromyalgia™ Essential Oil Pain Neutralizer 30 ML Spray Bottle

Natural Pain Relief Solution for aches and pains associated with Fibromyalgia.

Patented Pain Relief Solution
    Natural, Safe & Effective
    Lasts up to 8 Hours
    Neutralizes Pain
    O24 Fibromyalgia™'s PATENTED TECHNOLOGY - Our patented technology binds pure essential oils without using alcohol, glycerin, synthetics or preservatives unlocking O24 Fibromyalgia™'s uniquely potent pain relief.
    US Patent # 6,444,238 B1

O24 Fibromyalgia™ is a revolutionary formula made from seven essential oils to neutralize pain. O24 Fibromyalgia™ was inspired by our loved ones who were weighed down by chronic pain and needed a hand in their fight.

Medicinal plants have been used to optimize health and relieve symptoms for almost as long as humans have inhabited the earth. Essential oils are distilled from those plants.

O24 Fibromyalgia's™ Patented Technology combines these essential oils without the use of additional binders, synthetics, or preservatives. There is nothing unnatural between you and nature's power.

O24 Fibromyalgia™ is the only pain reliever to carry the National Fibromyalgia Association's coveted Seal of Approval.

O24 Fibromyalgia™ derives its power from camphor, a proven natural, medicinal ingredient and the patented combination of natural ingredients that enables O24 Fibromyalgia™ to effectively, quickly and safely relieve pain.

Contains: NO synthetics, preservatives, alcohol, water, glycerin, or any artificial ingredient. NO animal testing.

Uses: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains associated with fibromyalgia.

Ingredients: Camphor Oil (White), Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Peppermint Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Oil
    natgurule Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Lyrica by pfister, i just sent off my paperwork to get it free because of low income
    mclubb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
    I use Lyrica which helps with the burning pain. I use Ultrcet and Ultram for generalized pain. I also agree with the exercise. If I stay busy, I feel better.
    velvetkitten Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Weird suggestion but smoking or ingesting weed can help. I have a medical user as a very good friend and he swears by it. There is even a pill form out there called cecamet ( can't spell)

He doesn't get a high from using at all anymore but it helps him sooooo much. I have it as well. I personal Don't notice much when I have used but it sure helps me sleep and when I get a good nights sleep my pain is reduced for the day by A lot. Some say getting a proper sleep is one of the biggest things to do to get pain releif.
    sbuffington256 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 02:01 PM
    I have been on Lyrica for a few months.. 150 mg 3 times a day. A higher dose than most General Practice Dr. put you on. It does help with the burning pain. I am on a low dose of Fentynal ( a patch) not really killing pain in my shoulder though. It is helping the pain in the rest of my body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search