Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abstergail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Loss of appetite
    My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
    It is okay for your dog to go off their food, as long as it is no more than three days, my dog does this occasionally. You can take is normal dry food, and give it as treats, asking him to sit and paw and so on. As for the eating of the feces it could possibly upset you dogs stomach. With our dog we had to turn the litter box around so she could not fit her head in the box. If your dog stays off the food for more than three day then contact your veterinarian. Please keep in mind that I am not a vet and this is only a suggestion, I would like to leave you with PetEducation.com. It is a wonderful site filled with information. I hope that I was in some way helpful to you. (O:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss help [ 5 Answers ]

I want to lose weight and become a medium instead of a XL! but i don't want to go on diet pills can any 1 help? :o

How to feed a sick dog with no appetite? [ 10 Answers ]

My poor Rosie was just released from the hospital suffering from HGE (Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis) that we all suspect was brought on by Rimadyl that was prescribed for her arthritis. It came on so suddenly that I had to rush her to the hospital. She's home now, weak, on medication and...

Pregnancy: appetite and itching [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to ask that if your appettite increases within a matter of days/weeks, or if your breasts constantly itch, can that be a symptom of pregnancy?

Hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

My daschund is 1yr old and has had some hair loss . My husband bought her for me last Easter. She had some hair loss on her head the vet said it was nothing to worry about but it is getting worse. Could it be her nerves?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search