Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poetoftheday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2003, 05:55 PM
    Stains
    Is it true that semen stains look crusty in appearannce, while drool stains are just translucent, on like fabrics?
    qbp54321 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2004, 10:39 PM
    Re: Stains
    Very much so.  Ultraviolet lights (Black Light's) can also help examine crime scene's very well with these substances.
    NoNameMaddox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Semen stains are "crusty" looking while they are darker and less transparent than a normal saliva stain would be. If semen is present on a darker color fabric espically it will be pretty noticeable depending on the amount. Like qbp said, a blacklight would be very useful in locating the stains.
    MariM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:21 PM
    After working 31 years in a Forensics Laboratory on Sexual Assault Cases, I believe I can answer your question. Seminal stains CAN look crusty on a fabric but they do not always. That is why the use of the light source as a tool for finding seminal stains can be very helpful.I have handled many cases where the stain could not be seen with the naked eye but tested positive after detecting it. Drool stains meaning saliva can be picked up with UV light. I had a case where a baby was sufficated with a plastic bag, and I detected saliva using the UV light and than chemical testing. Hopefully this will be of help... Marianne:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maltese tear stains [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the red tear stains on a maltese? I have tried a product called Crystal Eye by Four Paws but have not had any success. Any suggestions or home remedies?

Easiest effective way to remove stains? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have some staining on my teeth. I would like to do the least amount of work to get rid of them. I would also like to not use something unhealthful if possible. Something I can buy over the counter. Rembrandt? Crest strips? Other? What really works and what is the easiest?

Brown stains in grout [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is my first post to this site. I live in a 2 year old high rise (poured concrete) condo building. In one bath I have brown spots in the grout that disappear when I apply bleach but return in 3 days to a week in the same spots. I used a carbide grout scraper and removed as much of...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

View more questions Search