Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KellyMckenna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Renting a house that's in foreclosure. I want to buy
    I have been renting a house in Orlando Fl. For 5 months and have found out the house is in foreclosure. I have just received today a motion for " summary final judgement". So I'm guessing the landlord is not going to try and save the property. My question is this. I would like to purchase the home. I am not very trusting of the landlord at this time. He does not return phone calls and I believe him to be in full knowledge of the situation as of time of rental, so I do not have contact with him. How do I go about puraching the home from a reptual sorce? What kind of steps are involved with out pushing my time limit of being homeless?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
    If you want to purchase the house then you still have to buy it from the owner. Are you saying you know for sure that the LL is not the actual owner per se ? The reputable source would have to be the owner and if you know the institution that is doing the foreclosure then that would be a place to start finding out who the actual owner is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a house. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just moved into a house, and I have 3 months of security and I was just served papers of a foreclosure on this house. Know I rented from a realastate and they knew nothing about this.Do I have to move or do I get to live out my security? I have to write a letter to the clerk at the court in 20...

Letting a house go into foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have negative equity in our house and we have tried to sell it 3 times. We have it back on the market, but the agent tells us that we need to take a short sale in order to break even on the sale of our house. The mortgage company will not take a short sale. We have already...

The house in which I am renting is being forclosed on! [ 1 Answers ]

I am renting an apartment in a triple decker in Brockton, Massachusetts. We have been having feelings about a foreclosure happening and today we got confirmation. The landlord was served with a notice of a foreclosure on August 27. I want to know what will happen to me? Do I pay him rent for the...

When do I vacate a house in California after a foreclosure notice was given [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Please adv when should I vacate my house here in California after a foreclosure notice is given ? Tks/Dinah

View more questions Search