Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erok72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Dividend Growth - Over 3 years
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so hopefully I'm doing this correctly.

I have a Finance homework problem that I've been pulling my hair out over... :confused: Hopefully someone can walk me through the steps to find the answer.

Here's the scenario - Grandiose Growth has a dividend growth rate of 20%. The discount rate is 10%. The end-of-year dividend will be $2/share.

I need help getting the answer to to following question -

1.) What is the present value of the dividend to be paid in Year 1? Year 2? Year 3?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 12, 2006, 08:33 PM
    In year 1 the dividend is 2. Its PV is 2/1.1

In year to the dividend is 2*1.2. Its PV is (2*1.2)/(1.1^2)

In year 3 the dividend is 2*(1.2^2). Its PV is 2*(1.2^2)/(1.1^3).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dividend Policy [ 2 Answers ]

For each of the following four groups of companies, state whether you would expect them to distribute a relatively high or low proportion of current earnings and whether you would expect them to have a relatively high or low price-earnings ratio. a. High-risk companies. Current earnings...

Property Dividend Explanation Needed! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently studying for my Series 7. I just started. I'm using ARCO's reference exam guide, which, by the way, I heard is unreliable at best, so... :rolleyes: I understand cash and stock dividends. But their description of property dividends is very brief only a few sentences long. A...

401k Rollover and past dividend [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, In 2005 I rolled over my entire 401k from a previous employer to my current employer's 401k. Do I need to state this rollover anywhere when filing my taxes for 2005? Also, in 2004 I forgot to state a small dividend that I received. Can I add that dividend from 2004 to the taxable...

Growth iz what I need = help [ 8 Answers ]

What can I do 2 luk older than my age. I want to look older than my age, Please help me out der iz a reason... Please can you giv da answer rather than asking me why you want 2 do that, or anything else, please tell me how can I grow fast, really really fast Please Thanks

View more questions Search