Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millycat1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Hair turned red.
    My hair was dyed light blonde I have dyed it a darker shade of blonde and it has gone red. Should I leave the dye on for longer or apply another colour tomorrow?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Try using a green-based (cool) ash hair color in dark ash blonde to neutralize the red tones. I recommend leaving the hair color mixture on your hair for 10 minutes and then rinse it out.
    millycat1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Try using a green-based (cool) ash hair color in dark ash blonde to neutralize the red tones. I recommend leaving the hair color mixture on your hair for 10 minutes and then rinse it out.

Thank you so much I will try this tomorrow.:) :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 02:46 PM
    You're welcome, sweetie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

Hair turned brassy now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Could I use dish soap or laudry soap to nutralize?? What woulw work with out having to go out and get another bottle

Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and...

Hair turned yellow, need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dark blondish hair color.. with light highlights.. I decided to change my color.. I wanted my hair all one color.. a lightish blonde, but I have a very low budget so I decided to do it myself and went to the store and bought a blonde hair color (Clairol - Born Blonde 'Original').. it...

View more questions Search