Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimwinf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Governor and choke b&s 9 hp
    I have a 9 hp b&s that will only run with the choke on full. Also need to know how to adjust governor
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:44 PM
    The governor adjustment is best left to a trained technician. The carb sounds like it needs a good cleaning according to what you are saying. Also, check the air filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Governor On a Briggs and Stratton 11 HP [ 1 Answers ]

When I change carbs on my engine I had to change all the linkage including governor arm. Can someone tell me the proper procedure for adjusting the governor. If I turn it one way it runs wide open all the time, If I turn it the other way, the throttle will change speed, as I move throttle,...

Shakedown artist NY Governor Steam-roller Spitzer. [ 17 Answers ]

Joe Goldstein of NY Sun reports today that NY Guv. Elliot Spitzer is going to require major internet stores like Amazon.com to be his tax collectors . He wants to impose an 8.375% sales tax on internet purchases of those of us who have the "privilege" of living in NY . Spitzer's Christmas Tax...

Governor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, well I am still working on the 16hp briggs engine.. got everything redone but can't get the cover on where the governor is attached.. is there a trick to getting it on, does the inside piece have to be in a certain position. When I slide the cover into place it lockes up the adjuster on top of...

How to adjust governor on older 8HP Briggs and Stratton mower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I had to dismantle two engines to make one. Have forgotten how to adjust governor. I have fully closed buttefly in carby, and turned governor actuating lever fully anti-clockwise before re-tightening clamp on governor arm. Is this right or wrong?

View more questions Search