Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howardhughes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Site traffic
    Can anyone give me, through personal experience, any good sites that they have found helpful with regard to directing targeted traffic to their site(s)?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 05:21 AM
    This is just for a start here, as there may be more information coming, but you might want to check out the information on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

Apr 11, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Thanks Clough. I've been to the link and have signed up with one of these sites. I find that these free sites don't get much traffic through. I do use a couple of CPC that generate leads but I am trying to hone my marketing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Advertise, look at the links all over these pages, and Yahoo and Google,
    You drive traffic by advertising, all many things can do is get youi higher up in a search engine if they enter the right set of search names.

So you put your web address on business cards, you add you web address on mail outs, you post it on a bill board on the highway,
    * I have seen all of these. In the end, people have to be looking for you or your service.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 05:40 AM
    The sites that I have listed get excellent exposure. It all depends on how you word your ads. I have been doing online advertising for over three years now.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Advertise, look at the links all over these pages, and yahoo and google,
    You drive traffic by advertising, all many things can do is get youi higher up in a search engine if they enter the right set of search names.

So you put your web address on business cards, you add you web address on mail outs, you post it on a bill board on the highway,
    * I have seen all of these. In the end, people have to be looking for you or your service.
    Most likely, people aren't going to be looking for you but the kind of service that you provide. You will get good exposure depending on where you advertise and the words that you use in your ads.

Apr 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Thank you both for your helpful answers. It has occurred to me that perhaps I should be mastermonding rather than asking this sort of question. :o)
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
    I find that blogging and participating in forums are very helpful in getting traffic to your site. Make sure the forums you participate in are in regards to whatever you are trying to promote meaning that if you are selling walking shoes you would be in a walking forum. I also am using some free programs too. One in particular is called linkreferral. I really like that one. If you would be interested to know more about it go to: How to make money online and get traffic to your website or blog?. I also find that having a squidoo page is helpful too.
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
    The only thing I feel the need to add is DON'T DO SHOTGUN MARKETING. Be sure everything you do has a specific objective and is utilizing methods to maximize your reach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Website traffic [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way to get FAST website traffic without spending a fortune on pay per click?

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

New Traffic Law [ 1 Answers ]

There is a new law in Suffolk County, NY (I'm in Nassau County) that calls for people who are pulled over and found to not have licenses or IDs on them to be arrested on the spot. However, I just saw a news report that a majority of the people that are being arrested are Hispanic. The arrests are...

Traffic light again [ 2 Answers ]

So I managed to get my hands on this traffic light and I posted orignianlly about how I might go about getting them to flash in some specific order. Now I just want them to flash randomly. Each of the 3 lights has its own hot wire and then there is a neutraul wire connected to all three. I just...

Traffic light [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to re wire a traffic light and I'm wondering how I get it to switch back and forth between the red green and yellow lights. I don't need them to go in order and I would like about 2 seconds between each light. Any help would be great thanks.:)

View more questions Search