Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Appi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Difference between ox and bull
    What is the difference between an Ox and a Bull?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 11, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Ox(en) is a sub-genus of Cattle where as Bull is simply the male form of cattle.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appi
    What is the difference between an Ox and a Bull?
    Oxen are generally castrated cattle used to pull carts or plows. Bulls, obviously, are not castrated.
    WildRoseBeef Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Oxen are cattle that are trained for draft purposes, and are generally castrated males, preferably horned, not polled (or hornless). They are not steers because they have been castrated after reaching puberty. Oxen can also be any type or gender that are trained for pulling carts, plows, wagons, etc.

Bulls are intact males that are raised for and used for breeding cows and heifers. They are half the cow herd, and generally one bull can be used to breed 25 to 50 cows in a breeding season.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pit Bull Insurance [ 11 Answers ]

I just got a pit bull and I know she would be covered under house insurance but that is my problem that house I live in does not have home insurance. Is there an insurance that I can get that just covers my dog. I found one site the other day but I have not been able to find it again and even if I...

Bull Terrier [ 12 Answers ]

I know that pit bulls are banned in Winnipeg and Ontario Canada but are Bull Terrier pit bulls? Are they banned as well in Winnipeg? (where I live)

Bull Dog [ 12 Answers ]

My Bull Dog has little pea size bumps all over her. Any one no what this could be is it common in Bull Breed? She also has cherry eye any one familure with this? My daughter brought her home from the barn where we board our horse, She was abussed and neglected.

Pit Bull Ban [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the Ban's on pit bulls in the US! Is there a list of citys and states that have a ban on Pit Bulls? I have a pit bull mix and she is my best friend and the best dog I have ever had! Were looking at moving some time in the near future and I will not live in a place where...

View more questions Search