Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arrowsmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 12:22 PM
    My screen is huge!
    How do I reduce the size of the images on my screen. I have tried moniter settings and display settings to no avail. The pixel reducer/increaser will not respond. My home page shortcuts don't have enough room and I can not access all of them. Some pages are so large I can not acces the 'next' or 'print' buttons at the bottom. I have done all the virus searches and 'cleaning' programs I have, restarted my computer, etc. This all started after the computer was turned off by someone not familiar with this computer. Help, please and thank you.
    CAREGIVER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Your Computer My Be Running In Safe Mode. You Might Check And See If It Is That Might Help..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmama
    How do I reduce the size of the images on my screen. I have tried moniter settings and display settings to no avail. The pixel reducer/increaser will not respond. My home page shortcuts don't have enough room and I can not access all of them. Some pages are so large I can not acces the 'next' or 'print' buttons at the bottom. I have done all the virus searches and 'cleaning' programs I have, restarted my computer, etc. This all started after the computer was turned off by someone not familiar with this computer. Help, please and thank you.
    I doubt if its in Safe Mode, when in Safe Mode it tells you in the 4 corners.

The problem is probably that your resolution was changed. Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select Properties. Then go into Settings. See what the resolution is. Its probably 640x480. You need to use the slider and change that to something you prefer. If you find you can't change it it could be that your Video Adapter was changed to the default SVGA. In that case you need to change it back using the Advanced button there. You will need to know exaclty what brand and model video adapter you have. If you don't know that, check your system documentation or give is the make and model opf your PC and we'll try to help further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge debt [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I'm posting this message on behalf of my father. We live in a three-person household in the U.S. Without our previous knowledge, he had thoughtlessly run up a $145,000 debt--getting him to 'fess up this figure was not an easy task. (By the way, he's retired, mom's still working, and I work as...

I need huge help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm making a project for my school and I need to know some things about electrical subjects. 1- what's a 1900 box? 2- what's a j box? 3- what's EMT? 4- how many general circuits in a residential kitchen, what size wire, and how many amps per circuit? 5- if you found a yellow, orange, or...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Huge Legs [ 2 Answers ]

HI EVERY ONE My problem is that I have a verrrrry big leg they are huge they were not like this before ? I am walking dayly for 1 hour What your a device to me?

Got myself into a huge mess! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living outside of the US for the past 10 yearrs illegally, having overstayed my visa. I wish to return to the US and want to know if I might face any difficulties in this. I also do not have a Social Security card, having lost it ages ago. The problem is that I have since been both...

View more questions Search