Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
    What's a "bio" entail?
    Hey, I emailed a company to see about opportunities and they responded by letting me know that they would like a "bio". I've never really had a "real" job, like a proper office type job, so how do I go about this? I really want this opportunity, and though I don't have formal training in the area I have a great talent for it. How do I express this? I have such a talent and desire to work for this company (or one like it) and I want to get a chance to prove myself. What should I do? And how do I write a bio?

Oh, I did mention to the HR that I didn't have formal training and they expressed interest anyway, so I do have a chance. I just need to get them to give me the opportunity.
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Are they asking for information in addition to a previously sent resume, or are they asking you to send information because you have yet to send them a resume? If you haven't sent them your resume, which I'm assuming you haven't from what you said, just write a resume. Google it and you will find some great resources. Keep it short (no more than two pages) and don't type it in essay form. If you can't find any good templates online send me a PM and I'll show you a blank version of mine so you can see how it was organized.

Oh, and don't exaggerate on it. It is one thing to point out really good things you've done, it is another to embellish the truth.
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
    I posted a couple of things on my blog in reference to this today that would better answer what I posted previously. Go and read it at StevesBlog - Money. Management. Entrepreneurship.. I also a couple of links that would benefit you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search