Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christinedaoust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Milia extraction or revoval
    I have annoying little white bumps below the surface of my skin. They are located beneath my eyes, therefore the skin there is very thin and sensitive. There are no pores there where these milia can escape. Is there a solution to my problem? I just want them gone and have heard that the only way to get rid of them is to have them extracted. Who provides this service and how safe is it?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
    The bumps are most likely milia (cysts). Milia are white bumps that form under the skin when skin cells are trapped rather than exfoliating naturally. They're a result of using comedogenic creams and lotions, heavy cosmetics, or sun exposure. You can try using a mild alpha hydroxy acid cream or Retin-A cream to help reduce the bumps. A comedone extractor can be used to remove the bumps. However, I don't recommend extracting them yourself because you could risk damaging your skin. Please have a dermatologist or aesthetician extract them for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My middle molar (used for chewing) broke of from the side, and I went to see the dentist who informed me that the tooth was dead and under the gum infected, so I have to take the tooth out inorder to prevent the infection from spreading to the other molar (the last one at the back). But my...

#18 Extraction Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a prior Dental Lab tech of 5 years, and need some advice. I had a extraction of the roots on 18, a periodontal pocket had allowed decay to cause my crown and core build up, and post to fall out. I went in for root extraction and allow healing for future bone graph and implant. Ive had...

Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?

Extraction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went to the dentist the other day and was told I need to have an extraction done. I was given antibiotics and have taken them. I don't have any pain yet but do have swelling gums. I have an appointment in a month (earliest I could get in). Will the infection come back in this time or has it...

Bleeding after an extraction [ 3 Answers ]

Gum bleeding really bad after extraction, gauze not working... is there anything I can try myself to get it to stop.. its pretty sore as well.. well let me know!

View more questions Search