Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbrowne Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Need advice on which Framing Nailer to buy
    My father and immediate family are buidling several houses in years to come, their just completing one now. He has asked me about framing nailers since he's still doing it the old fashion way and well - this is not so easy for a fella with a few miles on them ;)

Can anyone give me some models or brands for me to look at to get him a pneumatic framing nailer? Or point me to a resource that has reviews about them?

Much appreciated. Thanks!

lbrowne
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 12, 2006, 05:42 PM
    I personally use a Stanley Bostich clipped head framer. The newer models come were you can use round head nails for better holding power. I always used a Stanley and never had a problem w/ it. Basically any of the name brand nailers are good. (Stanley, Porter Cable, Dewalt, Hitachi) They all have their own features as far as balance, weight, comfort, nail type, etc.
    I haven't tried the Paslode cordless framer yet. That uses a CO2 cartridge. Don't know how long the cartridges last if your framing all day.
    Trust me, any gun you get the old timers they will love. No more swingin' a hammer, just hold the trigger and "bump" the gun for rapid nail firing.
    Good thing with a gun, use 16d nails to frame the walls then switch out to 8d nails for the sheathing. Also speaking of sheathing, an air crown stapler works great for that.
    As far as a resource, Google "framing nailers".
    One more thing, be careful. I had nails shot into 2 of my fingers. Luckily no bones were hit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice needed on framing - replace metal studs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for some advice regarding a "Yoga RopeWall" I am helping to construct for a friend's Yoga studio. A rope wall is basically a wall of 3/4" plywood with ropes hanging from it that are used for various Yoga poses. Originally, the wall was covered in mirror. When we took that down, we...

Quick framing question [ 9 Answers ]

I am building a wall to replace the garage door in my basement. I will be using 2x6 lumber for the framing. What is the recommended spacing for the studs? The width is 8' with a 36" door in the center. After the width of the pre-hung door frame and the two studs beside it and the stud...

New framing on old wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to undertake some remodeling on my master bath and let me explain the setup first. From my master bad to the sink area of the bathroom there is a half wall with 2 supports because it is a load bearing wall. I want to tear this out and put a pocket door in and make the wall a full one. ...

Wood or Metal framing for my basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am in the planning stages of finishing my basement. My question is whether I should use wood or metal for the stud walls. Everything I've read indicates that metal is much easier to work with and, while researching the price of lumber and the metal studs, I discovered that there...

Pneumatic framing nailer issues. [ 2 Answers ]

No longer able to fire nails and wondered if plunger/striker is sticking because I failed to add oil in-line with the air supply? Used to be that when the magazine was empty the nailer would leave a huge dent in the wood where the nail should have gone. Unit is firing but no evidence the...

View more questions Search