Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I need to know alternatives to acne scar removal and their price
    I have been suffering wioth post acne scars and have about 600 dollars to spend on it I would want to know alternatives, creams, treatments that I can get for them thanks it would mean a great deal if you helped me out
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
    You can fade acne scars is by using over-the-counter bleaching creams containing ingredients such as kojic acid, hydroquinone, licorice extract, bearberry or azelaic acid. Glycolic acid creams can also improve the appearance of acne scars. You will find the creams at a pharmacy in the skin care aisle. If you're not sure which cream to buy, ask a pharmacist to recommend one for you. But the most effective way to remove scars is by chemical peels, microdermabrasion or laser treatments, which is done by dermatologists. If you don't see any improvement from these over-the-counter products after 1-3 months, please consult a dermatologist for a proper treatment option.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Depending on how deep the scars are any over the counter stuff won't work if the scars are too deep to contend with in the first place.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
    If you are going to use bleaching creams, please do not apply it all over the face but just on the spot, perhaps with a cotton bud to target that specific area.
    Vitamin E oil is said to be a great scar healer too!
    It also depends how deep the scar is. So if you do not see an improvement in lets say about 3-4 months? Then you would probably need to see a dermatologist. :)

Another option you have is laser scar removal. Here is an article I hope you find useful.
    Laser Scar Removal - Consumer Guide to Plastic Surgery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scar removal [ 16 Answers ]

I have scars which I got by peeling my acne the scars are on ma biceps and my chest and face they are dark brownish scars can someone tell me a cream or a technique which is useful for getting rid of these ugly scars

Acne scar treatment and skin lightening [ 3 Answers ]

I am desperate for any answers or anyone that can help me. I'm a 29 year old dark skinned black woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager, which has left scarring on my face, back and chest. All I want is something that will help diminish the scars. I feel extremely depressed because...

Scar removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a indented scar on my face which I received while on life support. The scar is from pressure of wires used to hold my breathing mask in. It's been three month now and the line is still very noticeable. Does anyone know of any procedure that I could undertake to diminish this unsightly...

Scar removal [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a scar removal that can remove my old scars?

Price on Wall Paper Removal [ 1 Answers ]

What is a fair price to charge on wall paper removal?

View more questions Search