Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pablo1943 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Family matters
    Ijust finished paying ten years of alimony ordered by the court,my ex-wife file a motion with the court for me to continue the payments.my question is,could the jugde rule on her favor.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
    He can, if he finds her request to be reasonable. If she's just filing because she doesn't want to get a job, then odds are he'll tell her to take a hike... but you never know in today's court system.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
    If you already have the answer, what are you wasting people's time for?

Judges can reverse rulings at any given time. That's why child support or alimony can be increased or decreased. Just because it was ordered once doesn't make it permanent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Yes, the original order would be over, but judges can admend or alter court orders all the time, This is very common in family law, esp in alimony and child support. While it is not likely, it is very possible
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo1943
    Ijust finished paying ten years of alimony ordered by the court,my ex-wife file a motion with the court for me to continue the payments.my question is,could the jugde rule on her favor.
    Impossible to answer. In the first place, you state: "I just finished paying ten years of alimony ordered by the court". Well, you will pay ten more years, if ordered by the court. In the second place, you didn't publish the language for which you would like interpretation, so, who knows?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accouting Matters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Help the below; 1) My company is US$ database. What are the account can do a re-valuation? 2) How come stock can't do a re-valuation? 3) Can Fixed Asset do a re-valuation?

Does nationality matters? [ 7 Answers ]

Why is it sometimes people can be ignorant towards you when they don't even know you enough? I am a russian student in England university and although people could be friendly with me they don't want get to involved with me and keep the distance? Can someone answer on my question?:confused:

Money matters [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was out of towm and I had this real life dream he walked in and sat on the be and asked me where the money was and walked out I was telling myself that I was a wake but could still feel and hear him.

Time Matters? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My periods have started on the 14th of Feb 07, they last for four days i.e till 17th of Feb 07. I want to conceive very soon. When is the right time we must indulge in for positive results? Than you

View more questions Search