Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worst hair day Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 12:00 PM
    How long after dying my hair can I use a color zapper? What color will it turn my hai
    My natural hair color is Dark/Medium Brown. Since summer, I've been dying my hair with a reddish tone. I haven't had my natural color since then. I decided to try black, I HATE IT. I look too pale and it looks like a wig. My friend told me about a loreal color zapper and I don't want to damage my hair even more. I just dyed it black yesterday. And do I HAVE to dye it after that because I don't want to dye it again. What color will it turn if I just leave it? Pleaseeee help thank you :(
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Using a color remover takes out any and all color you've put into your hair. The problem is that when you use hair dye, it bleaches your hair to an extent, so that the new color will be more developed. If you use a color stripper, you're only taking out the color; you can't undo the bleaching.

If you're adamant about stripping it, I would wait a few weeks because you're going to have to re-dye your hair when you're finished.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
    It's very hard to remove permanent black hair dye from your hair. Hair color removal products will make the hair brassy or orange, and you will need to re-color your hair in order for it to look natural. However, hair color removers will not completely remove black hair dye from the hair. If you want go from black to medium brown, your best bet is to bleach out the underlying pigment and then apply your desired color. You can also use a higher strength volume peroxide developer with your selected hair color in equal parts to lift the color a few shades lighter. Using high-lift hair colors on dark/black hair could result in a brassy shade. Therefore, you will need to use a neutral or ash hair color to help cut down the red or brassy tones. Please consider getting it professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Removing color from dying hair too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I have medium to dark brown hair. I used Clairol's Natural Dark medium golden brown color and the color came out way too dark, closer to black. What can I use to lighten the color without hurting my hair?

Stripping my hair color then dying it AND highlighting it? [ 2 Answers ]

I've dyed my hair many times myself from brown to blonde and now I'm brown again. My hair is a little fried from all the dying and straightening. I just want to go to a salon and finally have them do my hair, I think because I've dyed my hair so many times though they will probably strip the color...

Dying hair a lighter color [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short. My hair bleaches out a lot in the sun and I did some stuff to help bleach it out too Anyway yesterday I bought dark brown hair dye so I could get my hair back to normal! But now my hair is like black! I have washed it a lot and its no longer black but it is still a really dark...

View more questions Search