Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdhing Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Richardson, Texas hard water issue
    Hello, I live in Richardson, TX and for anyone you lives here is aware of the problems the hard water brings.
    Some of the annoyance caused by hard water
    1) dishes washed in dishwater lives a while film. I have tried using vinegar. Didn't seem to help and I have tried all kinds of detergents out there.
    2) Started noticing lot more hair falling and am really worried.

Anyway, I am thinking of purchasing a water softener and filtration unit for the home. Culligan came with a quote of $5000 (drinking water purifier, softener, filtration) and even each individual unit was in the 1000s. Too expensive for me to afford.

I would like some expert to advise me a cost affective solution for the hard water using softener and filtration units.

I have even thought about attaching a shower head filtration unit, but it doesn't do much from what I have heard. Any advise?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I had a Culigan water softener -- required salt -- wasted water flushing system

This system looks like it may be the answer to your problem -- hope this helps

Order Your EasyWater System Online Today
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Try some local resourses

Also
    http://www.discountwatersofteners.com/default.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard water buildup and low water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I live in a mobile home and have hard water buildup in my water lines. We have very Low water pressure (mostly cold). How do we flush out the water lines?

Why does no one support bill richardson [ 10 Answers ]

How come bill richardson is so unpopular in polls (and implicitly with most of you reading this). Is it because you know nothing about him? Is it because you want just another Washington insider like obama or clinton? Is it because he favors decrimiliazation of marijuana? Is it because he stresses...

Texas security deposit issue [ 4 Answers ]

All right.. here's more in my continuing saga with the apartment complex I was staying at. Brief recap: I put down $150 deposit, $600 pet deposit, of which half was non-refundable. Moved out on April 30. Sent a letter on June 16 asking for the deposit to be sent to me by June 22nd. Sent a...

Memory or hard drive issue. [ 2 Answers ]

I enountered this problem in the morning and I thought that it would go away within a few minutes. I'm sure that my 512 MBs worth of memory was fine before. I reinstalled Windows XP SP2 on my secondary hard drive that has about 4.5 GBs and I wanted use my other 160 GB hard drive primarily for...

View more questions Search