Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 10, 2008, 09:14 AM
    The God Fuse: 10 things Chrsitians and Atheists can and must agree on
    The following link is to a great read. As a bonus, it's written by David Wong, who also wrote an awesome independent book online, and a few years ago self-published it through cafe-press, called John Dies at the End. You should check both of them out.

The article offers insight into both sides of the great God debate.

10 Things Christians and Atheists Can (And Must) Agree On | Cracked.com

Note: I posted this in religious discussions. The topic isn't "OH EM GEE I HAYT YOU AND GOD" or "YOU ARE A HEATHEN!", it's things that both sides can agree on. Aaaaaand... discuss.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Nice article, witty and informative. I sometimes worry I am being driven to fundentalism through a stream of propagana, I could do with more reading material like this.

Thank you for posting it!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Too bad more people don't think like that. I did not fully agree with all of them but Wong has a great idea.

I am thrilled to see folk like you, Ret, pointing out stuff like that. It fits right in with my [admitted plug] Ecumenical Apologetics project :)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Pretty good read, thanks for the link. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but in general, if more people thought the way the article says and accepted others for who they are, not what belief they have, we'd be a lot better off!
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    The following link is to a great read.
    Indeed. Just a pity that the "10 Things Christians and Atheists Can (And Must) Agree On" seem to turn out to be the "5 Things Christians and Atheists Can (And Must) Agree On".
    I note that my favorite point was not in that 5 point list : that many Christians claim that what they BELIEVE is the one and only truth, without ever providing objective supporting evidence for their claim.
    :rolleyes:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:11 PM
    I know that me and my non believing friends can always agree on a good picnic with some good bar b que chicken, steaks, and ALL the side dishes (at least 20)
    Can't go wrong there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You go right I go left sometimes we don't agree [ 2 Answers ]

I have the lyrics to a song, but I cannot find the band name or the title of this song, I also strangely enough have a rough version of it and I would like to buy more from the artist. I was really surprised when I googled parts of the lyrics and could not find the title hopefully someone out there...

ECU fuse and turn/reverse signal fuse problems [ 3 Answers ]

He, I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and has had electrical problems since the day I got it. This sh*t sucks. First, it was the ignition that kept burning up and I went through 3, and found the solution. Fixed that problem and now, there's another. The ECU fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing...

Atheists do not believe,How? [ 630 Answers ]

As a believer in The Creator of the worlds, I have always wondered how an atheist comes to the conclusion that God is non existent ? Please do not think that I am going to argue your points,just curious!! :confused: Thanks in advance.

Do you agree wit this? [ 7 Answers ]

K so I'm 15 n so is my boyfriend we've been going out for like 2 months and my issue right now is telling him why I love him. See whenever (well most times ) he 'll say I love you then ill say I love you back , but hen he'll ask why I love him which I don't really know why I love (n I also I have a...

Can't agree [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if our company is a large enterprise or a Nonprofit that can pay small enterprise wages in mInnesota. I learned in a class that a NONPROFIT can NEVER be an enterprise because the title is NONPROFIT there for the annual gross income is not considered income. My boss will not...

View more questions Search