Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasuda Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Where to get powerpoint software from?
    What is zip software.. where do I get it from?I want to also install power point as my operating system is HOME BASIC VISTA and it isn't included.please help.. I need to make a presentation
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
    About Zip files and the software that goes with it: WinZip® - Basic Information

PowerPoint is not an operating system, it is presentation software available from Microsoft or your local computer store.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Either buy PowerPoint from Microsoft or your local computer store.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2008, 08:14 AM
    ZIP software is a utility that will compress and expand files using the ZIP specification. Windows Vista has built in support for ZIP files so you don't need anything more. You can double click a ZIP file to open it (In Windows Explorer). Or right click a file to compress it.

There are many third party ZIP utilities, some freeware and some shareware. WinZIP is one of the most popular.

Powerpoint can be purchased alone or as part of Microsoft Office. There are several editions of Office, the least expensive is the Home And Student version, generally retailing for about $150 and includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

There are other presentation software packages out there as well.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 08:30 AM
    I think this is a trial version -- if you like it you should buy it

Downloads - PowerPoint Viewer 4.0 Freeware Software

You ask about a ZIP program to extract zip files -- this should help

NEW!"WinZip and beyond. The TOP5 best ZIP tools on the web. WinZip, ZipMagic, Netzip, WinRAR, Windows Commander. Zipping and Unzipping is easy. Free Download!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2008, 08:59 AM
    The Powerpoint viewer just allws one to view powerpoint presentations not create them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Using powerpoint with music [ 3 Answers ]

How would I get a music track to play over an entire powerpoint presentation, and would it still work if I saved it to a pen drive and then tried to present the presentation on another computer

Layout in PowerPoint [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Experts, Is it possible to change a layout of slide from portrait to landscape and back in one presentation? What I mean, for example, one slide has portrait layout and next has landscape layout. Thank you

Powerpoint.ppt [ 6 Answers ]

What are the different types of diagrams you can have on a slide using powerpoint?

Powerpoint to video [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if there is the best way to convert Powerpoint presentation files to video. I was told that Presentation to Video Converter 1.2 http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/ Gives a very good quality. Any suggestions appreciated Cheers!

Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I know how to insert a CD track into a powerpoint but can only get it to play on my computer while the CD is in my computer. Is there any way to save the file and send the powerpoint with the music?

View more questions Search