Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01rk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 07:06 AM
    New concrete slab.
    My first post here. Question is: We poured a slab for my new garage yesterday. Well, it is raining today and supposed to rain really hard in the afternoon. Is it going to bother my slab? It has been 15 hrs. since pouring of the slab to the first rain , it is 4000 psi concrete and temp around 45 deg, should I be thinking of covering it, or ? Thanks for the answers.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 08:43 AM
    It is a little late to be thinking of covering the slab. What you have now is what you get. Chances are things will be OK. Come back and tell us how it looks.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Temp is fine... a 15 hour cure should be OK... covering it now would be the same as installing a smoke detector after your house has burnt down.
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete slab [ 14 Answers ]

Have an existing concrete driveway want to bring fill dirt and pour a concrete slab for a garage over the existing driveway.is this possible

Concrete Slab over Slab [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house built on a concrete slab. I would like to add radiant heating to the ground floor and want to encase the PEX tubing in a new layer of concrete on top of the existing slab. If I use 7/8 PEX, how thick do I need to pour the new slab? Also what kind of concrete specifications...

Pouring new Concrete slab over OLD basement slab [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house placed on its exsisting foundation and basement concrete floor in 1934. The floor is solid, uncracked, and level but has several areas that are very uneven. To the point, the basement is unusable for living space. Is it possible, and reasonable, to pour a new slab over the...

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

Concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am pouring a slab foundation for a shop. There will be a front patio and a sidewalk up against the slab. Should I have an expansion joint between them,and if so, what should I use? Is the fiber board sufficient, and how do you support the fiber board between the 2 slabs? Thanks, Mark

View more questions Search