Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Furnace burner doesn't always come on
    Furnace burner doesn't always come on, so I manually turn the thermostat off/ also turn the temperature setting down, when the furnace shuts off I turn the turn the thermostat back to on/ also turn the temperature setting to the desired room temperature, and then the furnace will usually work properly. What is the problem?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 05:45 AM
    I am going to guess thermostat , fan relay, thermal sensors -- from what you've told me

There is an intermittent condition -- some of the pieces of the puzzle are missing

Brand and model of the thermostat --- brand and model of the furnace

All I can do is guess at the problem -- turn off furnace -- and make a drawing of wires on thermostat

The manufacturer's website may have the info you need --- Use a meter to test thermostat
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 06:54 PM
    When you turn the thermostat off and back to on its resetting the control board. You should have a diagnostic light flashing on the control board telling you what's wrong. It's a soft restart if you only have to turn the thermostat off and then back on - check for a dirty flame sensor or dirty burners. If it was major it would not restart from just killing 24 volts on the heating circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burner will not light [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old Bryant that has very few safety switches it has a continious burn pilot. My problem is the burner will not light. I have cleaned burners, replaced thermostat. I can get the fan to run with the "Fan on" selection of the thermostat. I check the voltage at the gas vavle, from the limit...

MOST Efficiant Furnace Burner? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I have a 1700 Sq Ft House with an old Utica 101,000 BTU Oil fired (Becket Burner) Boiler. I have been toying with the idea of replacing this unit with a newer one, as we plan on doing some upgrades in the house, and increasing the square footage to 2250 sq ft. which includes a finished...

Furnace burner [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings,I have a tempstar furnace model ntc6075fba1,s/n l984128725, the pilot lights, then the blower comes on but the burner does not come on, then when the thermostat is turned down the blower continues to run.please inform me of the problem.Thank you, Albert.

Bryant Furnace Burner Going On and Off [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant Gas Furnace P/N 394DAC03100 about 30 yrs old. Pilot light stays light and burner going on and off after checking valve problem seems to be some type limit switch when I move the wiring by shaking a little it ignites. Having a problem finding which wires are loosely connected..? If anyone...

Oil Burner Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The problem goes like this. Thermostat calls for heat, burner starts and runs for a minute or so and shuts off. After burner shuts off, the blower starts and the burner starts again until the thermostat reaches temp and the burner shuts off blower contiues to run until the low temp limit is...

View more questions Search