Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hobbitgal Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Children's show from early-mids 90s (fantasy, I think)
    Do you recall a (non-animated) movie with a young girl, witch, gate with special key, and possibly a unicorn? I don't remember if it was actually a movie - could have been a mini-series or possibly even a TV show. The main character was a young girl. There was a witch, a gate with a special key, and possibly a unicorn. The girl was always trying to find some key for a gate or something like that. I saw it in school, in 2nd grade, roughly about 1994/95. If you can remember, please post! I've been trying to remember for years!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:27 AM
    The scecret garden??

Apr 10, 2008, 05:17 AM
    No, that isn't it. But thanks!
    Lobolover Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Doesn't ring a bell-a bit reminiscent of the show where this kid is in some sort of a drema world and constantly tries to find a way to "wake up" and return to his body and his parents.
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
    There's one movie I'm thinking of that is one of the best... Labrynth! With David Bowie, very, very, very, great movie! Could that be it?

Apr 12, 2008, 07:09 PM
    No, I remember Labrynth. I'm really thinking that it was a TV show. But thanks for your help!
    The Shoe Police Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Return to Oz?

I seem to remember 'keys' playing a major part in it. Fairuza Balk was Doroty.

Check it on IMDB.

Apr 13, 2008, 07:40 AM
    It is similar, but I've seen that before, too. But thanks!

May 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
    I'm bumping this just to see if anyone else remembers!
    Thanks!
    pumpkin13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Hey. I don't know if we're thinking of the same thing, but I'm trying to look for the name of an older kids show (think it was only a 6 part mini series) on BBC (may have been on CITV I'm not sure). The premise was that there were these three teenagers, one girl and two boys (one of them I think was the nerd archetype) who got transported to a dark medieval land where evil was rife and being over run by a dark group of knights/ riders. The series often shifted back and forth between the real and medieval world using a set of "keys" which in the real world were something like a piece of string, a stick and a dustbin lid, but in the medieval world were powerful magical artefacts like a bow, sword and shield respectively. I remember they seemed to be trailed through most of the show by a dark knight and his almost Igor-esque type sidekick (like a twisted baldrick type character) who at one point managed to access the real world, I remember one particularly tense scene (for me at the time) when these two characters were crawling around through the bushes outside one of the kids' houses. I remember the final climax was something like the lead boy had to stab the unicorn in order to kill it and make it sing its final song, the music of which was the only thing that could save the land, only this all took part in an industrial site or something...

Ring any bells? It was called something outlandish like Malabolg or something... on around 95-97.

Jun 3, 2008, 08:05 AM
    You know, that could be it! I'll look it up! Thanks so much!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Halloween Town,there were a series of 4 or 5. This is info per my daughter.
    pumpkin13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Yeah if you find the name let me know I'm desperately trying to remember it myself... argh!
    beckley21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin13
    Hey. I dunno if we're thinking of the same thing, but im trying to look for the name of an older kids show (think it was only a 6 part mini series) on BBC (may have been on CITV im not sure). The premise was that there were these three teenagers, one girl and two boys (one of them i think was the nerd archetype) who got transported to a dark medieval land where evil was rife and being over run by a dark group of knights/ riders. The series often shifted back and forth between the real and medieval world using a set of "keys" which in the real world were something like a piece of string, a stick and a dustbin lid, but in the medieval world were powerful magical artefacts like a bow, sword and shield respectively. I remember they seemed to be trailed through most of the show by a dark knight and his almost Igor-esque type sidekick (like a twisted baldrick type character) who at one point managed to access the real world, i remember one particularly tense scene (for me at the time) when these two characters were crawling around throught the bushes outside one of the kids' houses. I remember the final climax was something like the lead boy had to stab the unicorn in order to kill it and make it sing its final song, the music of which was the only thing that could save the land, only this all took part in an industrial site or something...

Ring any bells? It was called something outlandish like Malabolg or something... on around 95-97.
    Hey I've been looking for that programme as well search every can't find it is it defo called malabog

Aug 21, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Anybody have a link for info on Malabog?
    goose 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbitgal
    Do you recall a (non-animated) movie with a young girl, witch, gate with special key, and possibly a unicorn? I don't remember if it was actually a movie - could have been a mini-series or possibly even a TV show. The main character was a young girl. There was a witch, a gate with a special key, and possibly a unicorn. The girl was always trying to find some key for a gate or something like that. I saw it in school, in 2nd grade, roughly about 1994/95. If you can remember, please post! I've been trying to remember for years!
    Hi I think I remember this show can you remember if one of the characters was in a giant jungle environment dome on the run?

Jul 18, 2009, 09:17 PM

BUMP! Just wanted to see if anyone new could help me out! I still haven't found the name of this show/movie. I found a series called Into the Labyrinth--anyone know of that show?
    genevieveautumn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Thank you for your post, I thought I had made this series up as no one else knew about it. Then I found another site where someone like you was also looking for it, so using your information I finally found it. It was called Elidor, I even read the book as a child so when you said it began with a M the title I knew that was wrong and it was a E but there is a character in it called Malebron so maybe that where you got Malaborg from . I haven't searched for where I can buy it to watch but check out this link on wiki, it matches your description about the unicorn so I know it must be that series. Hope I can finally watch it after all these years of trying to remenber what it was called! Thanks every so much, you and this other person (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_name_of_the_90s_show_where_children_we nt_through_a_portal_to_a_world_where_there_was_a_b lack_knight) really helped. Here's the wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elidor
    Its on eBay & IMDB

Feb 21, 2011, 04:58 PM
    It is that series, I've found a link with photos. I know this may sound a bit pathetic but I have been looking for this series forever! Even though I read the book as a child & watched the TV series because I was so young I couldn never remenber enough to find it, your post really did help!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/television/childrens-show-early-mids-90s-fantasy-think-204310-last.html

Feb 21, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Sorry wrong link, that's the one to this website that I was going to post on a nother board to help someone else who was looking for the name of the show. Here's the correct link:

http://www.classickidstv.co.uk/wiki/Elidor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show. I could have been for all ages, but I remember it had American actors, but I watched it on a British children's channel. I took place in what looked like the future. It feature a brother and sister. The boy looked a lot like...

Early 80's children's live action show [ 7 Answers ]

There is a show I remember seeing once when I was 5, it must have been 1983 or 84. All I remember is it was a live action kids show, not a cartoon, where grown men were in like butterfly costumes including tights. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

80's children's fantasy film [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a film title. All I can remember is that a young girl gets kidnapped from her bedroom by some monsters (puppets) and they carry her through a forest with lots of cobwebs and fog. She is then in a cave with a witch and she sings Silent Night... please help as this is driving me mad!

Name of a Children's show.late 70's/early 80's? [ 6 Answers ]

This is going to be a very vague description of a small part of an animated children's TV movie/series of sorts (I can't even remember if it was a movie or just a cartoon short). I remember watching this sometime in the early 80's... '83 or '84 probably, on regular old TV: no cable. All I can...

View more questions Search