Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmclauchlan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Want pastel hair dye
    I want to put streaks of a pale seafoam green and a pale lavendar in my hair. I can't seem to find a dye in either color. Does anyone know where I can find these dyes? Or can you tell me how to lighten darker dyes?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
    PLEASE do not mess with chemicals to try and get them where you want...

I have two suggestions, and I don't know how either will pan out, so bare with me.

First: Go to a salon and see if they can achieve this...

Second, your natural hair color plays a huge role in this procdure. But get the parts you want dyed to a very very light blonde, and try green and purple koolaid----they will fade to the colors that you desire, hopefullly.

Sorry, that's really all I can do to help.

I'm sure prettylady will come in and have much better information though.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
    You will find unnatural hair colors such as purple, green, blue and other neon shades at a beauty supply store or on the Internet. Keep in mind that pale unnatural colors won't show up on dark hair. So if your hair is dark and want pale green or lavender streaks, you will need to lighten the strands with bleach and then apply your desired color.

Here's a website that contains pastel hair colors:

La Rich'e Hair Dye - VixensAndAngels.com
    pukercorpse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 11:34 PM
    (Sorry that I am getting to this late. You might have already done this)
    Yr going to want to find a nice hair dye within the colours that yr wanting but yr going to have to go to a darker colour. You can easily dilute the darker colour with conditioner(a regular one will do fine)and it will make it lighter.
    Be sure to bleach yr hair to the lightest colour it will go and do a test strand beforehand.
    :) Happy dying!
    Mhor75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Most of the bright hair dyes can be made pastel with conditioner or you can buy a white toner to mix into it - also they do not contain any bleach and are designed to be mixed and matched with other colours to don't panic over using them!

Directions, Manic Panic and Crazy Color are 3 I would definitely recommend!
    HavePatience Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 02:32 PM
    La riche directions do a lavender and a turqoize. I have he lvender and the lagoon blue, and they are lovely. I have the lagoob blue in my hair atm, and I mixed it with a blob of conditioner. It went a lovely greeny blue, and after two washes, is a seafoamy bluey green. You can get the dye from eBay for 3.99 with free postage :)
    brennavaughn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
    This video will show you how to make your own pastel hair dye:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUffEn8cx80

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Long hair cat gets poop matted in his rear and leg hair [ 2 Answers ]

My Ragdoll cat gets poop on the hair of his behind and legs when he squatts to poop. Can the hair be cut to minimize this/ If so can it be cut short or just trimmed a bit with a scissors?

Robert Duftos pastel reclining nude [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone elaborate on Robert Duftos's work? His history and value of the paintings

View more questions Search