Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Apr 9, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Baby Shower Invite Dilema
    My husband and I's mothers wanted to throw our Baby Shower and I offered to do the invitations. I have a lot of family (including all my grandparents) out of state that I know for sure won't come to the shower mostly for distance purposes. However I want them to still be involved (baby gift wise) and I don't know how to properly send them a notification without just sending an invite and looking stupid. I know when you get married you can do announcements, but does that work with baby showers too? If you have ANY ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Apr 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
    I would send them the invite. Though you know they won't come, you can let them know that they are welcome, and you will be informing them of the store/s you are registered at. You can even set it up to where they can purchase their gift and you and your husband can pick it up at the store (if someone wants to save on shipping). If you don't want to send them all invites, just send out an email to everyone and let them know where you are registered. A friend of mine did this (they live out of state) and we were able to buy them a gift without feeling like we were missing out on the shower. It didn't seem tacky either. They sent t a little message in the email stating that they knew people would want to buy for the baby, and if they chose to do so, could buy from their registry... which were all items that would be needed. They also requested that people tried to steer clear of buying pink. Too many people buy either pink or blue (unless you like that) and it's always nice to have something a little different. I'm sure they got lots of stuff from out of towners, and I was quite glad they sent out the email. I wanted to buy a gift, but I wanted to make sure they got something they needed. Not just something I liked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to invite him over,but what would we do? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really like this guy and he really likes me(so he says) and I want to invite him to hang out over at my house but what would we do?I don't want to be a couch potato and just plop down to watch TV,that's boring but I have no idea what else we would do!! I know what to do if we go out and hang...

I want to have a Diaper Shower and a regular Baby Shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know what exactly is a Diaper Shower? Have you ever had one or been to one? What kinds of gifts to you bring? (only diaper-related things?)

Didn't get invite but expected to show up [ 5 Answers ]

We received a graduation announcement for our nephew. No other information was given about a party or dinner out, nothing. We come to find out that our inlaws are very upset with us because we did not call them to find out what the plan was for after the graduation and because we were not...

View more questions Search