Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FranknsteinGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Colorfix, Colorzap etc as apposed to bleaching?
    Hey all. I have been dying my naturally dark red/auburn hair purple for almost a year. I used demi-permanant for months and have only recently started using permanant (used twice). The last permanant I used turned out rather dark (more like black) and i am wanting to go back to a lighter purple or maybe a bright red colour. I was wondering if i could get away with using colorfix, colorzap etc. type of products to allow me to re-dye my hair. I have heard it turns the hair an orangey colour but i also thought that due to my hair being naturally orange/red tones i might get away with using it and since the hair is not actually black it may work better. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
    If your desired color is red, a hair color remover can be used to strip the color, then the selected color is applied. It may take more than one application of the hair color remover to wash out the unwanted pigment. Yes, hair color removal products can make the hair brassy or orange. Once the color is removed, you can re-color your hair to achieve results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will using COLORZAP by loreal work for me? [ 9 Answers ]

I dyed my hair using semi-permanent black dye... not permanent. My hair is naturally light chestnut brown. I have been trying to wash it out for about 12 weeks now, and used Clarol's UNCOLOR system for semi-perm dyed hair(to no avail) and it is now to an odd dark red-brown color. My question...

Colorzap? Or will my color just fade out [ 1 Answers ]

I had naturally blonde hair with light blonde highlights that I had professionally done at the salon. I decided to try and dye my hair so I purchased non permanent "hazelnut" brown dye. It looked really good but a few weekes it started to fade which I knew was going to happen. I was wondering...

Should I use colorzap and how do I fix my bad perm? [ 1 Answers ]

I have gray that I cover at home with Loreal products and for the longest time I didn't know that I shouldn't dye my whole head instead of just the roots. Now my hair is darker on the ends, and looks horrible. I went to a salon and asked if they thought that I should perm my hair, that I color...

ColorZap on semi-permanent hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a naturally light brown hair and I dyed it semi-permanent black (by Herbal Essences). I was wondering if using ColorZap will get it lighter or down to my normal base color of light brown. I don't want to damage my hair anymore since I swim (chlorine included) five times a week. Thanks for...

View more questions Search