Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeepfreak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Can't download pdf to computer
    I have a new e-machines computer with XP home, AMD Sempron processor and Norton security. I have had problems with e-mail attachments stopping in the middle of loading, but if I stopped and restarted it would download no prob. Recently I have been trying to download a pdf for work and no matter what it will get to a max of 60% and then stop. I have played with firewall to no avail. I have also heard it could be IP. I am on Metrocast as of recently. This is driving me nuts, never had this prob before. Thanks in advance
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Try turning the email scanning from Norton. That is one pig of a program that is losing popularity.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 07:19 PM
    You also might be running into a file size problem.

You can try zipping the file up to compress its size and then unzip it when its be downloaded.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
    From the cmd prompt, ping your gateway with increasingly higher packet sizes to see if a timeout occurs. This is indicative of bad cables. Use 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192. Your gateway you can find from ipconfig /all from the cmd prompt. It's probably 192.168.0.1. That l is a small "L". Use CTRL-C to stop.

Ping 10.0.1.1 -l 8192 -t

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my computer does not download anything from the intenet? [ 9 Answers ]

When I try to download something(programs,files,music videos) nothing happens When I clic the link to download the file nothing happens, not even the window to download I used to be able to download program but now I can't do that I really need help for this. I use windows xp professional...

Failing to download videos onto my computer from my Sony DCR-TRV330 Camcoder [ 4 Answers ]

I am failing to see my camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV330) despite having loaded the USB driver for it. If I open the software that I am using to capture (MGI Viedo Wave III) including the standard moviemaker it says no video capture device has been detected. Can anyone help. I am beginning to wonder if...

How do I download things from the computer to the sidekick lx [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a sidekick lx and I need help 2 find out how 2 download things from the internet on the computer to the sidekick lx. The websiste is www.sklxthemes.com can you please tell me how 2 download these things on to the sidekick?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My computer won't download anything [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm running xp on a dell precision M50 laptop. When I try to download anything the progress bar will go up a little then it will freeze at, lets say, 16% and won't go any more. Then I cancel the download and retry and it will go a little farther to maybe 23% and then stop again. But it...

Computer doesn't support to download [ 1 Answers ]

HELLO! I want help from u. that my computer doesn't download anything from internet. Whether it is songs,videos etc. 2 days ago I deleted my history and temporary files. And then this problem held. Now please you help me as soon as possible?

View more questions Search