Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questionimmigra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Need advise green card and travel out of the U.S!
    Five years ago, I came to the United States as an international
    Student.
    Then I married and I have my I485 permanent green card. My green card
    Will be expired 12/2008. Now I want to travel to Asia for about 4 months.
    The question is will I have any trouble when I'm out the United States?
    I would like to renew my green card. I will travel approximately on May,2008. Can I renew my resident card after I come back?
    Or can I renew my green card right now? What kind of form do I need to fill out? And will it be possible when I receive the new green card before I leave?
    One more thing, when I come back the United States, will I have any trouble?
    Will they deny and not let me enter the U.S? I didn't have any
    Criminal justice. Bud I did have my bad credit. Will that any problem affects me? Please advise and help. I aprreciate. Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
    You should not leave US longer than 6 months as immigration officer at the port may give you
    Hard time, unless you have an approved re-entry permit.

To remove conditions on your green card, you must file I-751 by 90 days before expiration
    Date. Do not file earlier than 90 days or after expiration date. Most important thing, you must
    Be in US when you file I-751.
    questionimmigra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    You should not leave US longer than 6 months as immigration officer at the port may give you
    hard time, unless you have an approved re-entry permit.

To remove conditions on your greencard, you must file I-751 by 90 days before expiration
    date. Do not file earlier than 90 days or after expiration date. Most important thing, you must
    be in US when you file I-751.

Thank you for your answer. I just travel 4 months, then I will come back the U.S. But the most concern is my bad credit few years ago. Will that any affects me? I don't know if I receive any court from them or not about the credit because I moved to my house. So I just wonder will I have any problem about that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

51 year old Greek with a US green card no military service, can I travel to Greece [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 51 year old Greek citizen with a US green card, I've lived in the United States for 38 years. I've been told by a relative who recently travelled to Greece that, if I ever travel to Greece upon arrival I will be obligated to pay a fine of $3,000US dollars and serve 40 days in the military. ...

Can I travel with a Portuguese id card [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend lost his Portuguese passport and is still waiting to sort out the new one. At the moment we are wanting to go on holiday somewhere in europe (cos his passport will take at least a year to sort out). Would he be able to travel with just his portguese id card

F-1 to Green Card [ 2 Answers ]

I'm studying my MBA with the F-1 Visa status in the US. Is it possible for a US established company to hire me changing my status to a permanent resident (green card)? I already finished another academic Masters of Arts in the US. I'm still working on my MBA. Thank you!

View more questions Search