Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Bride and grooms thank you
    If you have given a large amount of money to your son and daughter at their wedding is getting juat a photo thank you sufficdent. There was no personal note written with the photo. Also gave money before the wedding to help with other funds. When I ask bride why she did not write a personal note I was told the thank you on the photo says it all.
    I felt a little hurt. A friends son got married three months before and I received a photo plus a person thank note in the card with the phot. And they receive a lot less money ffrom us. Also I have never been told what they did with our actual money while I am told what the other parents have brought. They received furniture which they could have easily brought furniture with our money also. Am I expecting too much out of this ?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
    You're not expecting too much. In fact, the size of the gift should not matter. When I was married, everyone received a personal note, even if they only gave me an empty card.

Don't take it personally. It soulds like a lazy bride to me.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
    I agree that it can be disrespectful to you... and I also know how dumb I was when I got married (not about getting married)... due to being young, a little me-centered, and stressed out.

Hate to say it this way... but it wasn't until my father-in-law passed several years later, when I was preparing a eulogy, that I noticed several things he did for us on out wedding day that I had seen, but not really thought about.

Such as when my mother could not attend the wedding due to circumstances, he sat on my side of the aisle. At the time, I thought it was interesting. Later, I saw how he respected my family with that simple gesture... and how that resonated throughout many of his actions.

Not trying to get off topic... point was I missed a lot of things, I'm sure... and while I think all wedding gifts, large or small, should be aknowledged with a hand written thank you... unless there's other reasons to be concerned, other past brush offs or bad behaviors, id try as best I could to let it go.

As my father in law stated the last time I saw him:

"we are too short lived and too long gone to live our lives in frustration"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grooms Divorced Parents [ 7 Answers ]

I have read a lot about the divorced parents for the Bride. What about the proper etiquette for the grooms divorced parents who don't care for each other? The father and stepmother of the groom are out of the loop. Their daughter together is in the wedding, so any information is coming from her....

There goes the bride [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a relationship with a wonderful woman for the past 4 years. We have been engaged for about a year and one half. We had planned to marry about a week ago but 3 weeks before the wedding she decided that we need to postpone it until a later date. She explained to me that she was...

Military colors and grooms men [ 3 Answers ]

Hey you. I'm planning a wedding in November of 08 and my fiancée is in the navy. We are going to have a military wedding but only with his uniform and I want the arch of swords but not the military vows or anything. Well I'm having trouble on the colors he is either going to wear his whites whitch...

Giving the Bride Away [ 4 Answers ]

I am in need of some help. I am getting married next year and therefore I have began to plan everything. Everything seems to be going really smooth, except one thing. When the subject comes up about "who is giving the bride away" it gets really touchy. My parents got divorced when I was about three...

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

View more questions Search