Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielross31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 04:32 PM
    Road easement
    I am wanting to buy 36 acres of land. The only way to access the land is from an old coal mine road which I would not own. Are there laws that would allow me an easement to use the road if the roads owner is not willing to allow me access?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2006, 06:53 PM
    This may vary, from "nation to nation" you did not mentino if you are in Germany or France. Perhaps the USA or Mexico.

If you are in certain nations all you need to do is bribe the right government people ( or pehaps in any nation after watching the news today)

But you need to first see if this is an official road or merely a road used.
    You will have to get an easment for the property from the property owners, normally done by payment of funds for this purpose and promise of upkeep of the road. Or exchange of a some ajouring property for the road.

If it has been used as a public road for a certain amount of times, there are times you can get it declared open by the courts, but the last few cases I have seen like that have been turned down ( but in these cases there were other roads available also)

Since the laws in your area vary, I will assume you are using an attorney for your propery purchase and a real estate agent to represent you.
    Both should know the laws for your area. Any offer for this property should include a clause for the agreemetn on this road.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How hard is it to pass the road test to get your N? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could tell me how hard it is to get there N and what advice I should have before taking the test because I am really nervous!!

Help me to pass the road test [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time to writing someplace to get help. The problem I am having May be is not a big issue in your eyes, but please help me. I am trying to get A driving license. as millions of people are driving. I feel so embarrassed as I still don't have my license so I can drive freely...

Road Runner items [ 6 Answers ]

Need help in locating Road Runner items to add to my tiny collection. Anyone know where to find anything for the Road Runner? Have tried a search on the net and not very much out there. Your help would be appreciated. The Road Runner is a cartoon character along with the Coyote who's always trying...

View more questions Search