Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Apr 9, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Fingerprint logon
    Hey'all
    I'm curious : the IBM laptops T60- is there a way to gain access to it when fingerprint is activated ? It has only that account on !
    Anyway even its strippping the machine.

Thanks !
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 10, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Usually the fingerprint login on laptops is just a substitute for a normal password. Generally the fingersprint scanner comes with software to replace the windows logon, and just saves the password and connects the fingerprint to that password. In the background, what happens when your print is scanned is that when a fingerprint matches on it already knows about, it processes the username and password just like you entered it in.

Most of the time there is a way to enter the password in case the print isn't recognized. Look for a link or a button on the login screen with something like "I'm having problems with the fingerprint scanner" or "Trouble logging in".
    askjuba Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I am new to fingerprint, now have it and been playing with it on a Dell XPS 1330, and I had been asked for a password so if my fingerprint fails I can go in with my password, did the system ask you to put a password in? Let me know, thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fbi fingerprint check [ 2 Answers ]

I have applied for a job in financial services and they require a FBI fingerprint background check. My question is this: 1) If I have a pending arrest charge for a traffic violation and was fingerprinted but have not yet gone to court, will it show up on FBI background check? It happened in...

FBI fingerprint identification [ 8 Answers ]

I know someone who has a class A felony conviction dating back to 30 years ago. When he was finger printed for a job at a bank, his report came back clean. He has been working there for two years now. How is that possible? Are files ever dropped from the database because of their age?

Fingerprint recognition [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toshiba laptop with fingerprint recognition that a now past employee was using how do we reset that so we can use it

Requested Logon Type? (Logon failure) [ 8 Answers ]

hello everyone... just want to said that I'm the new member here... my name daniel... nice to know all of u =) I usually got a problem with my computer so I will recently talk (ask and answer) about it... I have two computer in my house, one is desktop and the other one is my laptop. I...

Fbi fingerprint check [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently studying for an insurance license. I understand that an fbi background check will be performed. I had a dui conviction over 15years ago and am concerned it will show up on the report. My current employer did a criminal background check and it came up clean but I am worried about the...

View more questions Search