Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rahn22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 02:31 AM
    Foster Care Records
    :confused:

I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know if I would be able to gain access to my file while in foster care?

Does anyone know if, as an adult I can have access to them? I was in foster care in Columbus Ohio from 1985 -1995.

Please help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Have you tried calling up there and asking what it takes to see your record ? At least it's a start. Some records are sealed but usually those are for adoption purposes not for foster care. It may just be a matter of asking a courts permission then being granted a court order to " see " them. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster records [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. She was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.

I am 18, my nephew is in foster care can I get custody of him? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bobbie Jo and I am deaf myself. I had adorable nephew who came to the world march 16,2007 he now is 3 months old and he's in foster home. There are so many special things about him. He is deaf in one ear and hearing in other ear, he changed my life. Everyday I wake up and I wish I could...

Sibling in foster care [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for an older sibling to obtain a younger sibling who has been placed in foster care

Get relative out of foster care [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the...

View more questions Search