Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lelemarie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 07:53 PM
    I want to conceive a little boy any suggestions
    :D I want to conceive a little boy I already have two little girls and we are trien for a boy is there anything special to make or conceive a little boy?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 08:20 PM
    IVF.

You generally have the choice of which embryos to implant, and many times they can tell you whether the embryo is male or female.

Other than that---you've got a 50% chance, and it's determined by your husband's sperm.

Believe me, if there were a way to choose absolutely, then there wouldn't be such a problem with female babies being abandoned, murdered, and sold in countries like China that put a pre-eminence on males and only allow one child per couple.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I wanted to stay away from this question. My opinion, Which does not count for much. I think you should be thankful for the children that you have right now. I also believe that you should be hopeful of a strong healthy baby. That is all that matters.

There is a lot of wives tales I could mention but that is exactly what they are.

Best wishes to you and your next pregnancy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 09:10 PM
    I ended up with two sons and no daughters. I figure I will get my daughters when my sons marry.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 9, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Its controversial and NOT PROVEN but you could look into the Shettles Method.

In THEORY male sperm are faster and die sooner so intercourse should be timed as close to ovulation as possible. Though, I know women who've tried and still had girls. It really and truly is a 50/50 shot.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I agree with JH just be happy that you can conceive and have a child. So many women want to carry a child to term but cannot.

Be happy that you can and love your child whatever sex it is.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Hello:

Girls are conceived from afternoon sex. Boys are conceived from morning sex.

excon
    zaydosmom Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Male sperm swims faster than female sperm, First you must determine your ovulation day.
    If you want a boy have sex on the day of ovulation, If you want a girl have sex like 2 days before. They say this works, I can not prove it for sure. I also read it in a book some where, but don't remember the name. Good Luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zaydosmom
    Male sperm swims faster than female sperm
    Um, sperm aren't male or female.

Please visit your local library and check out a book on how human females get pregnant -- 612.6 is the call number.
    Bellster Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lelemarie
    :D I want to concieve a little boy i already have two little girls and we are trien for a boy is there anything special to make or concieve a little boy?
    This has no scientific fact behind it but once I was told by a friend with 4 boys to go deep and curl your toes. It worked for me once, the second was a girl.
    only-boys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 12:33 AM

Hello I have been in deep research of this area as I have three boys and I am trying for a girl. I have heard all the be happy with what you get as some people don't get to have the experience of having a child but I have to say to them that its not that I am not happy with what I get it just that I would like to influence the outcome if I am able.
    To help in your outcome you have sex on or as close as you can get to ovulation, have your partner ejaculate with deep penetration as the male sperm is fast but dies quickly.
    Good luck
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Mar 14, 2009, 09:11 AM

Ok, I didn't really want to answer this either as I believe that you should just be happy the baby is healthy and normal BUT my husbands brother has 4 girls... I have a girl already and also had hopes for a boy but am accepting of whatever I get.

I really thought my chances of having a boy where slim to none. Honestly, I asked god that "If it was possible that you could bless me with a little boy as I would love that BUT that his is happy, healthy, strong and normal...if this is too much then I will be happy with whatever you think will suite me and my family."

I had a boy and this may be so far fetched for some but I truly believe if you ask for it and "it is meant to be" that it will happen. My brother-in-law said that to have a boy make love facing North and do it upside down... haha... I have heard of that before but I honestly don't think its true.

:)

Best of luck
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Mar 14, 2009, 11:42 AM

I want to start by saying none of this information is in any way scientifically accurate. But... It can't hunt to try :) The Chinese lunar calendar has worked for me and my friends. I also noticed that with my son sex was after ovulation.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 11:30 PM

To conceive at ALL, sex generally needs to be within HOURS of ovulation, and the only way to chart it, really, is to know when you've already ovulated---so of COURSE sex was after ovulation!

Look, there is absolute ZERO scientific way to conceive a specific gender without using IVF. Period.

Frankly, I've been trying to conceive for so freaking long now that you should just be happy you can get pregnant at all, and be happy with the child you get---I don't have that option, and neither do thousands of other women.

So... you want a boy for SURE? Either fork over the $25k for IVF or adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to conceive for almost a year now. This morning on cycle day 28 (which normally is my period start day) my b/f and I had sex. I have not had my period yet, but I noticed an incredible amount of moisture while we were having intercourse. I know that increased vaginal discharge...

We got our first 32 days old prgnancy aborted medically through a pill in feb 2007,now I want to conceive ,we are trying during my ovulation period but I am not getting pregnant.my first day of last period was 2 oct 2007 and my menstural cycle is sometimes 29 days or 30 days,can I conceive.what...

When did I conceive? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a mother of 2 small kids, me and my feince have been trying to have a third child. On March 17 at about 2:00AM I had sex with another man. He pulled out, and I was very worried about that because I know that just doesn't work. I took a pregnant. Test on March18th was negative, another on the...

I started my period on march 12. I ovulated on cycle day 18. I am not sure when I should get my next period, or if I am already late. My periods are always induced by provera so I really can't say how long my cycles are normally?

View more questions Search