Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAD1996 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Faulty remote or is it the remote sensor in the Hampton Bay fan?
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - 4 yrs old. Remote model # UC7078T.

Tried turning on the ceiling fan light and it didn't work, so I replaced the battery and I was then able to turn on the light. I then tried to turn off the light and it doesn't work. The light remains on. Nor do any of the fan functions work as well. My question, do you think the remote has failed or the remote sensor in the fan unit, which means I need to purchase a new fan? Any thoughts?

Thank you!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
    How does the LED in the remote behave? Does it blink, stay on, or not come on at all?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    Hardunger2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 05:45 PM
    My remote light shows red - -
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Good for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

Replace remote sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Hampton bay Remote [ 3 Answers ]

The remote stopped working on my fan and light . The light still works being swithced on and off with the wall switch but there is no way to manually turn the fan on. I checked the remote frequency switch and put new battery in it. Still nothing. Any Ideas. Approx 6 years old. Thanks Talan

Hampton Bay remote [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a new fan w/ remote, lights ,upper and lower dim and brighten well with remote however fan does not operate at all. Wires from ceiling outlet are black, white, red and ground green. Instructions from mfg. show no connection for the red wire. I've tried it with the black and have...

View more questions Search