Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Apr 8, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Confirmed: *SCAM Artist Alert*
    **Please take heed of this warning and don't fall into the trap that I fell into.**

My last post on this matter was a rush to judgement that actually turned out being correct in the end. I got rid of it before but now it is 100% confirmed.

"Sheralcrow" aka "Marnishia Wilson" aka "Charles Chatman" is a SCAM ARTIST.

This woman sent me a pm about a FAKE "chemist" by the name of "Charles Chatman" and told me to contact him. The truth is that "Charles Chatman" is "SHERALCROW". This is very easily recognized by the emails I received and other obvious clues. I was too stupid to put two and two together--"sheralcrow" says she's from st louis--"Charles Chatan" lives in St Louis. And they have the same email provider (and not even a popular one like Yahoo or google). I mean if she was going to scam and make up two different people she could have at least used two different email providers and not stated publicly that she was from st louis like "Charles Chatman". I was just desperate.

So--anyone here please take this warning: If "Sheralcrow" pms you after inquiring about mono and she sends you to an imaginary man named "Charles Chatman" and gives you his email--RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

I sent a ridiculous amount of money (STUPID STUPID ME! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT PEOPLE!) to this little girl and she sent me a bottle of COCOA BUTTER in the mail! I paid hundreds of dollars for COCOA BUTTER! She said that she was sending me two containers of mono and she sent me one 100% COCOA BUTTER BOTTLE! She claims that she mixed it in the bottle--which is a LIE and I never asked her (oh sorry--I mean her "chemist" "Charles Chatman") to do that at all!

I informed this con artist that I wanted to send the product back and get my money back. She said fine. Then when I emailed her again she said "no". Interesting...

Don't fall for it people! Do NOT trust "sheralcrow" with your money at all. Just don't do it. I take this as a lesson that I have learned--and I will just move on and buy what I need to buy from a RELIABLE SOURCE. I've been through harder times.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Apr 8, 2008, 08:21 PM
    :eek: :eek: Thanks for the warning...

And really sorry for what happened to you.
    SunshineNY Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Wow... I am sorry to hear that. Did you use a credit card or western union?

Apr 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
    I used a debit card and sent it via western union.

Thanks for your concern though, folks... just didn't want anyone else to fall for her/his games.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
    First, One of the principles of this site is that we keep things public for just this reason. If someone PMs you in answer to a posted question, you should be suspicious.

Second, If you can forward me proof of your claims (and you can use PMs for that). I will take care of it. If it is as you say, then she will be banned.
    SunshineNY Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Oh wow.. I feel really bad that happened. I hope she gets banned from using this site and other sites. Next time try to use paypal to send money to a Yahoo email address that way you can get your money back.

Apr 9, 2008, 10:31 AM
    ^^ Yeah I know--I was STUPID to use western union! Dumb dumb dumb!

**I'll PM you in a little bit, ScottGem, thank you very much.
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2008, 06:41 AM
    SEE that that's why you have to be careful. She gets her stuff from anil for $200.00 then she doulbles it. To you all so she can make extra money and continue to get her mono supply met how cozy.

Apr 11, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Yeah HER CHEMIST... YEAH RIGHT. Mixing that stuff up herself. That is very dishonest intentonaly. That goes to show you what I said is true . SHE DID'NT HAVE NO DAMN CHEMIST. SHE'S THE CHEMIST!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, BUT YA CALL ME LOONE. Ain't life grand.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Apr 11, 2008, 07:11 AM
    That mono stuff just freak me out!
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Hey gloomy you got your mono from anil?

Apr 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simonek
    hey gloomy you got your mono from anil?
    Nope I stop using mono when I became disfigured from it. And I never discloused whom or where I got my mono from neither.

Apr 11, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simonek
    hey gloomy you got your mono from anil?
    I think he got it from eBay or something... right?

Apr 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Someone needs to let other skin care forums know about this too sherylcrow was also on brighter skin forum as well marketing the mono. Under marinisha or something like that. How much money did you lose vicky_d did you report her to the police in her hometown you can you know.

Apr 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
    You can tell if you have mono in your lotion cause it smells like wet paint.and it would have crystal particles in it as well.
    Well at least now I can see why she wanted me to shut up on the forum and a lot of you including you vicky was on her side.and that's the thanks you get. Some loyalty.

How did sherylcrow go from having such a hard time getting mono to having chemist and a supplier allthe sudden hummmmmmm, sounds jacked- up to me.

Apr 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D
    I think he got it from ebay or something...right?
    I never ever discloused where and whom I got my mono from.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Well, gloomy I am on your side and I believe you, but why you don't want to disclose where you got your mono from? Does not make any sense to me! Are you protecting this person who disfigured you? Help all the way if you really mean it, and ruin the business for those who don't have integrity to sell you impure mono and without instructions.

Apr 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Oh wow, now she's scamming people on the other fourm too?
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Apr 13, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Vicky, I see that sheralceow still in the forum, if sure your 100% it is just coco butter cream?
    Why don't you ask her for a refund? I am sure you did , what did she say?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 10:04 AM
    I saw that sherylcrow was a scam other places on the internet.
    There are several posts on this board as well as the internet on which skin lightening companies are a scam. I think it might be a good idea to put a list together and do a post of all the ones that all scams. I know there are several on this board, one I remember off the top of my head is Herbalinn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How soon can pregnancy be confirmed? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Expert, Is it true that pregnancy could be confirmed only after at least 40-45 days?

I am looking for a possible scam artist. [ 14 Answers ]

I got this new job offer but it seems fishy to me so I want to know if it's for real or a scam. Here's the letter I received: Hello, I am Bobby Lashley , Director/CEO of "Arts and Crafts Inc.My Company deals with Art designs, African crafts and musical instruments, sales and supplies. Our...

I would like to have a myth about hair growth confirmed or denied. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I chopped off a fair amount of my hair because of hair dye (think buzz cut). However, I heard from a friend that eating a lot of protein can help hair growth, as hair is protein. Is this true or false? Would it be a waste to change my diet, or should I go for it?

Legit lender or scam artist [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to receive a loan. I was approached by someone Raymond Brent from the UK who says he is a lender. He gave me a licence #638.BC/NH 088765 and register #193222. How can I verify if this is truly a legit lender or scam.

View more questions Search