Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Second opinion needed-pop up notice blocked programs.
    I keep getting this pop up balloon telling me that windows has blocked some start up programs.

DUH! I'm the one who chose which programs to block and I want to make it stop telling me what I already know!

I need a second opinion on the instructions listed below?

Is this correct? Will this solve my problem or create a worse one?

Thanks in advance for any response!

INSTRUCTIONS:

* Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
    * Navigate to the following subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced

* Create a new REG_DWORD (32 bit) value named EnableBalloonTips
    * Double-click EnableBalloonTips, and then assign a value data of 0
    * Exit the Registry Editor
    * Log off Windows, and then log back on.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 09:00 PM
    How To Disable POP UP Balloons in Windows XP | eHow.com (Not sure about the 1 for disabling popup)

Disable Balloon Tips in Windows XP

TweakVista.com - Disable pop-up balloon tips (This is for Vista)

UltraNewb: Disable Windows "Unused Icons" Balloon
    Disable taskbar balloon tips and notifications
    This is probably the method I would use -- Download Tweak UI and disable it
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    I tried to rate your answer but the system said I need to spread some reputations around before I could rate your answer? Not sure what that means. I'm 100% sure that your answer is correct based on your rep here! I did however, try the method described in my question, on another laptop first, it worked great, so I did it on mine and it is perfectly eliminated now without any further problems... yet? Thanks Big Guy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Read topics; still puzzled.blocked vent or blocked drain [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi all. I just bought a ranch with a crawl space. My waste drain begins at my washer machine, past the kitchen sink, pass the bathroom tub and ties in with the main sewer line with the toilet and vent stack at the back of the main drain before it exits to the street at the front side...

How can I get around my school blocked sites? They even got proxy sites blocked. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get around my school blocked sites. They even got our proxy sites blocked> is their any other way?

Flexible duct installation. Pros opinion needed. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 45 year ranch style, single level, 1400 sq. feet house in San Jose, CA. I had 45 year old day & night down flow furnace and no AC. I replaced it with Trane furnace and new Trane AC. I was paranoid about age of the system and thinking that duct work must be in bad shape, I got duct work...

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

View more questions Search