Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akrine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Weight loss
    Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Do you exercise often. Exercise can have a big effect combined with smart eating?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting a question here, and Welcome to the site.
    As for the thyroid, you need to see a Doctor. He/She can, if they think it necessary, do a blood test, analyze it, and determine if your thyroid functions are normal.
    Have you tried really counting calories per day? (24 hr period).
    The normal person can eat/drink 2,000 calories a day, without weight gain or loss.
    I use to use a paper-back Calorie book, to see how many I was putting away in a day. Cutting back helped to lose weight. I do wish you the best of luck.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
    It never harms to go see the doctor before you start any form of diet as they can advice on ways that can help you and keep you ticking over... as well as lossing weight.

do have problems with my tyroid
    This is a call for you to visit the doctors also, they would be able to run the tests for you.
    charlesjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2006, 11:00 PM
    I think U have no problem in your tyroid. I suggest you to try diet pills. Diet pills are very effective for weight loss. There are many types of diet pills available in market like phentermine, didrex, xenical, adipex, bontril etc. better to take diet pills with exercise. Good Luck...
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Apr 10, 2006, 09:10 AM
    I do not agree with diet pills. Sorry. Most diet pills are just uppers that suppress appitite. Bad for the body in general.

I have two rules of thumb...

1) Force your daily calorie intake to as low as possible. It sounds crazy but I am pushing for 1000 - 1500 cal/day.

2) Elevated breathing and heart rate from activity for at least 30 - 45 minutes... EVERYDAY!

I swear if you can do those two things you WILL lose weight.

I am in the process of losing about 30 lbs. I am going from 205 to at least as low as 175 if not lower. I started with excersizing to get myself in shape cardiovascularly by riding my bike for about 25 minutes a day. Less than a month later I can ride anywhere from 45 min's to an hour and a half. Also about 2 weeks after riding everyday I decided to lower my calorie and carb count. It has been a slow process getting myself into the routine of excersizing and not eating all the time, but it did get much easier after about a week.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jc105
    I do not agree with diet pills. Sorry. Most diet pills are just uppers that suppress appitite. Bad for the body in general.

I have two rules of thumb...

1) Force your daily calorie intake to as low as possible. It sounds crazy but I am pushing for 1000 - 1500 cal/day.

2) Elevated breathing and heart rate from activity for atleast 30 - 45 minutes.... EVERYDAY!

I swear if you can do those two things you WILL lose weight.

I am in the process of losing about 30 lbs. I am going from 205 to atleast as low as 175 if not lower. I started with excersizing to get myself in shape cardiovascularly by riding my bike for about 25 minutes a day. Less than a month later I can ride anywhere from 45 min's to an hour and a half. Also about 2 weeks after riding everyday I decided to lower my calorie and carb count. It has been a slow process getting myself into the routine of excersizing and not eating all the time, but it did get much easier after about a week.
    Wow, sounds like you are in training.
    Exercise like this is great for people who don't have kids, or a full time job WITH kids... I recommend the diet pills, and eating sensibly while you are on the diet pills. If possible, call your physician, or go online and research the diet supplement you are interested in taking before actually taking them. They do work.

Apr 10, 2006, 10:13 AM
    My question is, why don't you include the kids in the activity. Doesn't that make it 10 times better all around?

I have a full time job, go to school, and have a pretty extensive night life. You can't make excuses if you really want to lose weight.

I know it sounds like I am in training but it isn't that intense. Most of my day is the same except I don't eat nearly as much and I try to ride my bike everyday after work. Some pushups and situps while watching TV (Takes no time at all).

It is a bit of training, depressed in MO. But I have a summer of beach hopping to look forward too...
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 10, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jc105
    My question is, why don't you include the kids in the activity. Doesn't that make it 10 times better all around?

I have a full time job, go to school, and have a pretty extensive night life. You can't make excuses if you really want to lose weight.

I know it sounds like I am in training but it isn't that intense. Most of my day is the same except I don't eat nearly as much and I try to ride my bike everyday after work. Some pushups and situps while watching TV (Takes no time at all).

It is a bit of training, depressed in MO. But I have a summer of beach hopping to look forward too...
    Relax, I was just kidding... :) Actually it is good to include the kids-depends on their ages though, and the time of season. Every time I try to do a sit up or a pushup I have a kid trying to ride on my stomach or back. But hey, that's my problem. I don't have a weight issue though. Because I do it the "unhealthy" way-I take diet pills (sometimes)...

Apr 20, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Lower calories increase activity. Its not possible to maintain weight if you burn more calories than you intake each day.

Breakfast is key, light lunch, light dinner (By 6 or 7pm). Personally I could get away with sugar free red bull for lunch (10 cals each), but I don't I LOVE to eat, everything!

I weighed 205 - down to 188. Now diet except lower calories and as few carbs as possible (No sugar in coffee, splenda)
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 20, 2006, 10:07 AM
    I watched my step dad for 30 years try to loose weight. He tried everything under the freaking sun.
    The solution, a high movement lifestyle and a low budget diet.
    First he completely removed meat from his diet. He pretty much went to a mediterranean diet. High intake of raw foods, few cooked. He ate a lot of vaggis, fruits, nuts, beans and a ton of herbs. He drank most of his fruits and veggis raw. He juiced them and drank them. (You must drink them within 20 min to retain all nutrients).
    He also walked everywhere. He began to swim and he never ever sat down to watch tv. He swore off tv until he lost weight. If he did sit he was doing something. He didnt sit unless he was eating or sleeping.
    In one year he dropped from 530 to 225. Loosing nearly half of his weight in one year!

So being raised this way my entire family is pretty much vegitarian and we do eat meat so long as it is low fat such as deer or rabbit, sometimes fish, beef and pork but thats like once a month if that. We drink a freshly made juice every morning of carrots, apples, spinach and kale. My 2 yr old son even drinks it. By drinking fresh food you cleanse your colon and liver.
    I urge you to try this lifestyle which is not a diet. Make a bet with yourself that each day you follow this path you place a dollar or quarter in a jug. In one year or 6 mo, spend that money on a new wardrobe. It is easy to change your life, you just have to look at your kids and think "I will be the person I want my kids to become" and maybe "I will wear a bikini and look great in it!

Hypatia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss help [ 5 Answers ]

I want to lose weight and become a medium instead of a XL! but i don't want to go on diet pills can any 1 help? :o

Weight loss [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask about some information for "Himalayan diet breakthough".I am thinking to try it,but bifore that,I want to know is it work or no.May be I could finde some one who used bifore and to give me some idea there is use of it or no.I am looking for some medicine to help me to lose weight.I am...

Weight Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Has Anybody Tried Nowslim Tablets, And Do They Work?

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and about 5'3 and I weight about 117 pounds but I am a bit overweight I was wondering what I can do to lose it mainly in the stomach and thighs. I was also wondering want calorie intake is normal for my age (for no gain and no lose)?

View more questions Search