Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvsusie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
    International Travel while on OPT
    I am working in the U.S. under OPT and I'd like to travel internationally (Italy) this summer.

- applied for H-1B this April 08.
    - my F-1 visa expired in May 07.

I understand EAD does not guarantee the re-entry to the U.S. but is there any way I can just travel under my OPT?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 06:47 PM
    If your OPT has been approved and you depart before you get a job, your OPT ends and you cannot reenter unless you have a written job offer.

If you have a job, you may travel and reenter to resume work at the same job or you have a written offer for another job.

If your request for OPT is pending, you may reenter to search for employment.

Ciao.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International travel for convicted felons [ 41 Answers ]

My friend is a convicted felon. I know he can't travel to canada until five years past the date of his crime or the end of his sentence (whichever is later)... But what about other countries? In particular europe? France, uk, etc. Will be denied entry? At the border? He already has a...

International travel while on probation [ 8 Answers ]

I have a passport that I can travel out of Country. I am on probation. Can I still travel out of country while on probation without getting permisson from probation officer.

Felony and International Travel [ 10 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction from 2 years ago. I already hold a valid US Passport. I want to travel to Mexico. When I return and check in at immigration will they be able to see I have a felony and left the country without permission? Will they notify my parole? Thanks

View more questions Search