Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay5 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Flower arrangement
    I want a simple flower arrangement but I can't figure the colors I can use so it looks good my walls are kind of a greyish green, my second color is a red that leans more to wine red, I have some black accessories I look at colors in the hobby stores but nothing comes to me for a color arrangement. I really don't want to over do the red and I also have several greenery arrangements around. Please help thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Are you asking your question about real or artificial flowers?

Apr 8, 2008, 05:30 PM
    These would be artificial flowers
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 04:29 AM
    Thank you for your answer! Do you perhaps have some images that you might be able to post here as to where you would like the flowers to be in relation to the colors of the rooms? If so, then I do know some people on this site who would be able to give you some definite opinions about it. Thank you!

Apr 9, 2008, 05:21 AM
    My artificial flowers would be in a 14" vase mostly redwine color with green and gold it is sitting on a small wicker table in front of my large window. The wall surrounding the window is greyish green the side curtains are cocoa brown the beige sofa is next to that. The side chair is mostly redwine with some light green and gold the pillows on the sofa matches the side chair. Behind the sofa I have a table with 2 lamps the shades are in a redwine color. My coffee table has a vase with mostly reds, some green and gold candles in same color my recliner and carpet is beige.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Apr 9, 2008, 05:29 AM
    That's a lot of color you have going on already. The first thing that comes to mind would be something simple and white.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 05:34 AM
    What kind of arrangement shapes do you like?

Angular and dynamic or full and bouquet?

What kind of flowers do you like?

Graphic flowers like lillies and tulips or more traditional, detailed flowers like roses and orchids or sweet flowers like daisies?

Would you consider non flower elements?

Such as gold sprayed twigs or ribbon, dynamic leaves?

From your colour scheme you can't really go wrong with a wine red flower arrangement with possibly cream elements. Although my mum has always told me to not put red and cream together due to superstition. It just depends whether you have the same superstitiion or not!

Something with these colours (but not a posy) would probably match
    White Rose & Burgundy Orchid

Stay away from pink, it will clash.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 03:28 AM
    As Clough says,if you could post an image,it would be so much more easier for us to help you with ideas.

What Templelane said is also true,it would depend on your preference in arrangement too.

I have attached some pictures of possible colours that may go well with the colours you have mentioned.

Some have been taken from the following link.
    http://www.josanflowers.co.uk/products.asp?pg=5
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 04:30 AM
    I couldn't spread the love so soon firmbeliever, but I did want to say, "Nice work, firmbeliever!!"
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 19, 2008, 02:35 AM
    It would really be helpful to know what your style is. For example, is your home contemporary, modern, or eclectic? Or does it have more of a down home country feeling?

If you want to go traditional, your arrangement should be no more than about 1 and 1/2 the size of your vase. You said it would be on a small wicker stand, so it would also depend on the height and width of your stand.

Just from the info you've given, I would make a one-sided arrangement, since it's sitting against the window, and get 2 or 3 red wine flowers as your focal point. You can then add drieds and such, as your compliments, to pick up the other colors in your room.

There are so many quality flowers to choose from now, your choices are endless really! Buy good quality flowers, even if it means you have to spend a little bit more. They hold up better, and are easier to keep clean.
    rose1111 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 09:46 PM

I think the perfect answer to your question is to use all the colors you described in your room, it would tie it all together!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 31, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rose1111 View Post
    I think the perfect answer to your question is to use all the colors you described in your room, it would tie it all together!
    Although this is a very old post, I wouldn't suggest the primary color to be the same as the color of the room. It would only blend in, and not stand out on it's own. The colors of the room could be pulled out in an accent color, but the main color should contrast and compliment the room color. Otherwise, it will just blend into your walls. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payment arrangement [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a Chase credit card for 911.00 that recently was sent to a collection agency we sent them a letter to try to make payment arrangements. They got it on the 10/29/07 yet they keep calling saying you know what this is about he hasn't spoken to them. We wanted something in writing...

Credit agency refusing to accept a payment arrangement. [ 6 Answers ]

I was notified yesterday afternoon that I had 48 hours to let a collection agency know if I am able to pay a debit which the creditor had charged off in 2001. This is from an account that was in my name (while married to my ex) and they used his income to qualify me for the credit. Before our...

Refused collection arrangement [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best answer listed below if a collection agency refuses an arrangement... should the client (1) not try to pay the account (2) ignore contacts from the agency and save until they have the entire amount (3)document the offer in writing and send the money each month anyway This...

Married vs Business Arrangement [ 7 Answers ]

I got so called "married" in 1999. My so called "husband" hasn't a clue as to what it means to be married. He never wanted sex, never wanted to talk, went on vacations with his fishing buddies - never took his 9-year-old daughter and I, we slept in separate bedrooms, he complained about...

View more questions Search