Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csinda09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Human vs animal blood
    How do scientist tell the difference between human blood and animal blood?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 09:54 AM
    I suppose the best way would be DNA... it'd be the best way for accuracy anyway.
    There are probably other ways with looking at the platelets and finding blood type or something, they'd also have different proteins that makeup the blood so using certain chemicals to induce a reaction could work, but DNA's the only way I can think of that would be certain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between human and animal blood? [ 9 Answers ]

I know that the difference between animal and human blood cells is that animal blood has a nucleus and different antigens, but I was wondering why that is? :confused: why do animals need a nucleus and different antigens to us?

Mythological creatures half human half animal [ 14 Answers ]

What are they called? There is a general therm for all of them, and each type also has an additional name. Some of them are half horse half human, others half goat half human etc..

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

MD "wanted" Human Blood Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is? What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to...

View more questions Search