Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 09:01 AM
    From Jason
    Hello my name is Jason and yesterday I tried to crank my Snapper with a Kohler engine and found that there was no gas in the tank. I thought maybe I had ran it out, cause it had been sitting over the winter and I did run it a few times over the winter to keep all the parts lubricated. I filled the tank and it ran for a few minutes and then died I found gas and oil mixed in the crankcase, and also gas was pouring out of the air filter box, so I turned my shut-off valve on my line off. I would like to know how to fix this problem without having to take it to the snapper dealer first. Thanks for all the help.

Apr 8, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Hey Jason, If you don't mind we should ut this question on the desk so others can make recommendations too. I suspect your Kolher engine carb needle valve and float allowed gas to drip all winter long. Piston rings are tight but not tight enough to stop the gas from getting into the crank. Drain your oil completely after you open and clean the needle valve and float. Sometimes just opening the bowl and manually raise and lower the bowl will clear the debris.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Jason, a good cleaning of the carb and fuel system never hurts.

Apr 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
    When I work on an engine that has had a rough winter I frequently run a mix of 9 parts gas and 1 part Sea Foam for the first tank or two.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
    ballengerb1, sea foam is a great product, and will help prevent problems as well as solve some.

Apr 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Can you believe that you can add it to almost any fuel tank, crank case or use it to clean parts. Kind of a miracle drug for engines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jason or deric [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: don't know what to do I love my boyfriend but I'm starting to love this other guy named jason and I just don't know what to do please help me... :confused:

Jason vs. David [ 5 Answers ]

When he left I cried for months.. and I still cry and I have a boyfriend and he knows how I feel about jason because he was his friend and in the summer jason told me "I dont love you, anymore" and when I asked him recently he denies it and he sounded so.. serious and he knows that's my worst fear...

View more questions Search