Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanna31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:26 AM
    I think I may need a blood test
    I am 28 days late with my period. This has never happened before. My last cycle was 2-11-08 and 2 HPT were positve. The only symptoms that I have are very sore breasts, fatigue. Do you think the tests were correct?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Your 28 days late, you have two positive pregnancy tests and your still not sure?

I think you should go to your doctor and have it confirmed and get started on prenatal care.

Not everyone has all the symptoms early on in pregnancy. I felt great my entire pregnancy. I had no symptoms at all.

Good Luck to you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Two positive tests, I'm going to say congratulations on becoming a mom. If you still aren't 100% sure then get a blood test from your Doctor. You should go to the Doctor anyway to get checked and find out what you should be doing at this stage in your pregnancy. You need to start prenatal vitamins etc.

Obviously you are hoping that the tests are wrong, but int's unlikely that this is the case with two positive tests. I wish you the best of luck.
    DiscreetUser Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Apr 9, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Usually you need to go to a Doctor for confirmation only when the HPTs are negative. A positive HPT means 100% confirmed, and you are indeed pregnant. You should just call your OBGYN to get your first pre-natal appointment and get onto the prenatanl vitamins fast, for your own and your baby's good. If you are not sure they might do a blood test for you as well as an early ultrasound.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanna31
    I am 28 days late with my period. This has never happened before. my last cycle was 2-11-08 and 2 HPT were positve. The only symptoms that I have are very sore breasts, fatigue. Do you think the tests were correct?
    Rare to get a false positive... is there some reason why you don't believe you are pregnant? Did you, by chance, mean to say the tests showed negative? Either way, as the others have said, set an appointment with your doctor and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Blood test [ 2 Answers ]

I think I could be pregnant with the implant in been to the doctors today and he send for a pregnancy test to be done at the hospital and he also want blood test done what are these blood test he ask for to be done confused

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

Blood Test [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I bruise so badly when I had my last blood test? It is bruised all the way to my elbow and it's never happened before.

View more questions Search