Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thechetan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Recover quarantined files without the corresponding antivirus
    I quarantined a file using AVG. then I deleted all files of AVG (Including Quarantine information),
    By booting from Windows Live CD.
    Now , although that file is present on my hard disk, it is unusable. How can I get it back?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Maybe you can search for the file -- then overwrite the bad file

Top 100 Shareware downloads at SnapFiles

File Scavenger is a Windows file undelete and data recovery utility for NTFS and

FAT/FAT32 volumes. It can recover files that were damaged by virus...
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Apr 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
    There are 2 ways that viruses get into useful files:

1) Intentionally. Hackers take highly desirable files (hot movies, expensive software) and embed a virus inside, and then upload the file to a file sharing site or service. Dump the file, and get a good copy, preferably from a legitimate source. It is much too risky to try to clean the file and use it - it may have another as-yet undiscovered virus still inside. You don't want to be Hackee Zero for a new virus that deletes all your important files, do you?

2) Accidentally. A friend or co-worker has a virus infected system and it infected a file that they sent on to you. Have them clean their system, then resend you a clean file.

Jc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to recover deleted My Document Files [ 3 Answers ]

Somehow, the files in "My Documents" , and "My Pictures" have all been deleted. All of my word documents are gone as well. I have restored my computer back to a different date and that didn't work. I have also checked my recycle bin. Anyone able to help? I am running Windows XP Thanks in advance

Recover my files [ 1 Answers ]

I Have The Recover My Files Software But After I Scan The Drive I Don't Know How To Recover The Delete Files

Need free antivirus for p2p files [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have Norton Antivirus 2005 but it is soon to expire. Was thinking of going to AVG. What I want is a free antivirus that scans everything including email, ingoing and outgoing, and also p2p files, as I download a lot of music. Will AVG do this, or is there another free antivirus that...

HOw to rEcover the Deleted Files ? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I recover my deleted files that have also deleted from recycle bin.

Recover files from compressed PacketCD [ 2 Answers ]

With Cequadrats WinOnCd 3.6 on windows 98se I made a compressed volume packet cd using a cd-rw 700mb disk and copied files to it. It worked fine. Later I tried to copy more files to it as is supposed to be possible and it is now unreadable by my drive. Is there any way to recover the files from the...

View more questions Search