Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
    OMG, I love hearing scary stories! More stories more stores! Ehehehh I don't have anything unfortunately that I can think of. I tried it once with my brother when we were about 10 years old but nothing happened. Probably because we couldn't stop giggling. Im sure glad it didn't work though!
    NightAlone Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Man, I think a lot of teenage girls (maybe at least in my family and community) mess with ouiji boards. I, myself am fascinated by the paranormal. Sometimes I really freak myself out. I've never used a ouiji board before, but I've wanted to. After the stories my mom and sister told me, I was convinced not to use one and not to have one in the house. We agreed on my watching some other people play with it. And keep in mind, my family isn't religious at all. There are still some secrets my sister is keeping from me, I'm so curious. Anyway, I've been thinking about using one because a lot of my friends have and haven't had anything weird happen, and haven't had anything happen at all. Maybe they need a believer. Teeheeh. Well, I'll tell you if I get any cool stories.
    Tommi Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 11:13 PM
    You don't need a board game to call up spirits. However, if you don't know what you are doing... don't do it. I am very spiritual and am not skewed by the Christian religion. I am Wiccan. There are positive spirits and negative spirits, there are what some would call goddesses and gods and some would call demonds. I feel the energy comes from what we draw. They are there negative and positive. Fear draws negativity. I had an ouija board once. I got negative vibes from it because I didn't understand that world at that age. I used it when my grandmother got very ill and went to the hospital on Halloween night. My grandmother had many illnesses including cancer. I asked the board if my grandmother would be OK and it said "yes". She died that night. At the time I felt that was anything but OK but now I realize she was in pain and it was better that she go on to a better level of energy. However, after this event my home had such negative feelings. I saw and felt things that were just not right. I should not have used it not knowing everything I could about my spirituality and the spirit world. Now that I have found my way in Wicca, I still will not use a board because it really does open a door you cannot control. Energies come forth that may be good or may not be so good. With all of the negative connotation affilated with the ouji board it brings fourth negative energy for most. Calling on spirits can be tricky even for someone who knows what they are doing and although it is an interesting subject I feel it is best to do no harm. The Wicca way is do what ye will but cause no harm. Bringing negative energy into your home and to your family is harm.

Sep 23, 2006, 04:26 AM
    Last night I tried using a ouija board. Nothing happened. But it wasn't under the best of cercumstances, either. I'm going to try again today.
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 05:23 AM
    I got to pretty freaky story! My Mother's best friend was "playing" ouija board in her mid twenties with a bunch of travellers that briefly stayed near to where she lived. At the time she was dating one of these travellers for only a week and after a night out getting to know his friends at a local pub, they went back to his caravan where they walked in to find a few of his less social friends sat in candle light using a oija board.My mother's friend had never seen a oija board and was a little naïve to it all but never the less she joined in with the rest.Questions were asked by the trveller and all his travelling mates but they only requested yes and no answers.My mother's friend found the whole thing to be faulse and she insisted that one of these people were moving the glass so she asked someone to ask a meaningfull question. It all went quiet in the caravan and one guy piped up to say "How do we know that you are really there?" The glass then effortlessly moved to the letter A, then to the letter N, then to D until eventually it spelled out ANDREW! Andrew was the name of my mother's friend's brother who had died in an accident when he was very young! No one there,not even the guy she was dating knew about her brother so you can understand why she got extremely upset and asked to be taken home immediately. Needless to say she never touched a ouija board again!

Sep 25, 2006, 05:23 PM
    That is kind of scary, but there are too many if's in that story.

I have a theory that our energy emitted from our body (heat=energy) can move the thingy while hardly touching it.

If you tie a string to a washer (You know, those metal donut shaped things) and hold it in front of you and watch it, it'll go in the directions that you want it to go without you purposely moving your arm/hand/wrist/fingers. Lol.

Bending spoon theory? Hm, interesting... It just came to mind, that's all... Bending spoons and ouija boards probably have nothing to do with each other.
    hyperkittikat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Well I've never played with the Ouija borad before but I've heard stories and what not. I've played other games when I was younger and let me tell you what happened to me when I was 8. I was visiting my friend in RI And she was about 4 years older then me and she asked if me and a few other friends if we wanted to play a game and me trying to feel like a big girl said yes. Well She took out 6 colored pencils and turned off the lights to play the game. I was of course a little scared when she said what we where going to play I held on to my freid Tinnafy's arm and watched. Tiffany was about 15 years old so I clung on to her. Well My friend ((The one who invited me )) asked a few questions. Well everything was going well until she asked the ghost to prove that it was there. Well not a smart idea in the next 15 mintues the radio turned on and the phone rang. I near had a heartattack . When they answered they heard a low grumbling on the phone. I was glued on Tiffany as if My life depended on it. After wards they tried to get off the game and it wouldn't let us get off so we kept talking for about 10 more mintues. Afterward when I was going down stairs I saw a face in the mirror... a man's face it was scary and demented... Well when I visited her again I heard that they had to exsorize (sp?) the house... That was the day I slept over... I was tramized after what I expricanced... When I was sleeping on her bed I looked over to her doll collection and I saw them staring at him and I heard whispering coming from the display case... In My opion I wouldn't do The Ouija or any other games that involve spirits... If you do then at least use prayers opening and closing ones please. And Don't Ask it to releave it's self, when you will die, if you are good or evil, and where it is... ((A.K.A. Heaven or Hell)) and don't do as it tells you because it might be a trick to take over your body and ruin your life... In my conclsion please don't do what the spirit says and take as many precautions as you can.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 29, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    magprob,

no, I never have done astral projection. There was a point in my life where I had attempted it, but I didnt devote enough time or energy to ever make it happen.

Do I believe its possible? Yeah, I think so. But I dont know if its natural. Is it supposed to be? I dont know. It may be but if it is, its purpose is something that I have never considered. I would be interested in learning more about it.
    It is possible Maggie and Doc-- I've done it. First accidentally when being traumatised and then later when I intended to. I rediscovered the doorway to it playing around in the time just as I was falling asleep or waking up. Wild stuff!!
    tehperson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 06:48 PM
    I have a story that happened while I was at my cousins house about February or so. My cousin was using the board for about 2 months straight ever since he got it for Christmas (wierd huh?).

Well he decided to use it the night I had to sleep over his house. I didn't take part in what he was doing, I was just sitting my bed but I asked if my cousin could say his questions and the answers he got aloud, because, you know, you just have to know what's going on in this kind of situation.

Well things went normally, if there is a normal in a Oujia board session. He was talking to a spirit named Brian, who Brian himself said that "some people call me evil, others don't" which gave me the idea that he was some type of anti hero or something. Well, a few minutes into talking with this spirit, the atmosphere in the room changed, and I got very lightheaded and had to fight whatever energy or whatever it was to stop myself from being controlled or passing out.

This is the point in which my cousin said "I've got your friend". So I actually got off my bed and confronted my cousin and said "huh?" since I didn't believe him at the time, and just believed my cousin was being stupid at the time. My cousin got to his feet and said "I'm a demon, and I'm here to cause problems, like this one" I still thought my cousin was messing around, but if there is such a thing as aura's or visible energy, I think I saw it that day.

It was almost completely dark in the room, except for the light coming through the crack of the door, you could see the hate in my cousin's face when he looked at me, and a red light or something like that surrounded my cousin.

For no reason my cousin attempted to punch me in the stomach, and I'm a somewhat big guy, and he's... not, this is when I knew something was wrong, I grabbed my cousin in the face and forced him onto his own bed, during this the demon was laughing at me while I was telling it "look, you can do this anytime you want when I'm not here, but as long as I'm here, there a rules your going to have to follow, so you can stay, and I'll make hell for you, or you can leave." To which it responded with a sigh "fine............. that was your test" And my cousin didn't hear from it again until June.

By now this story probably takes up about a half page, so I'll post more at a different time.(yea there's more!)
    boogz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 08:09 PM
    OK I have a story to add. So it was 6th grade was me Nichole, Tammy, and Michelle We were messing with that board, now it was never mine it belong to Tammy at the time I didn't know this but she brought it o my sleep over with the other girls so she could get rid of it. The rumor is you are not to burn or throw it away you are to keep passing it on as if it were a chain letter. Well anyway we had contacted a little spirt of a young boy named tom which I am sure he was young cause he could not spell to good. Well he kept getting pushed over by another force an evil type spirt. He would say leave the boy alone he is mine, or spell out sweet smell... so we had asked him can you see us, which went to YES. So I asked the spirt who named its self 6 in spelling. To do something so we know he was real. Well my pager went off which scared the crap at us because it was viberating on the table next to us and when I looked at it, it was showing 666 now that pager was new I had just got it and who knew at the moment at that time to page that... was really creepy and back in those days hahah 6th grade sleep overs it was a memory I will never forget and I have to admit I would play it again if I had never gave it away. =)
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 1, 2006, 09:01 PM
    I've been through quite a few things having to do with Ouija boards, other things that are claimed to be true that I've gone through and just plain old weird stuff. There is always a scary event or memory from someone who dabbles where they shouldn't, and we rarely hear about anything in the positive. So here I bring the 'positive'.

When I was about 14, I had a friend named Christina. Her mother passed on from breast cancer a few short years before I met her, and we became quick friends during my freshman year of high school. My stepdad bought a Ouija board because I was (and still am) interested into different aspects of the occult (I love history of ancient civilizations, and its filled with that! Anyhoo).

It was a very bright and sunny day, so the only light in the room was that of the sunlight coming through the windows. She began to make an attempt at summoning her mother, and when she did a very thick aura of darkness kind of cloaked the room... think about dimming lights to their lowest. It wasn't too much to go nuts over and it wasn't scary, for either of us. She got kind of shaky but wanted to go on with it, so we did. Christina asked a few questions, and when she said her goodbye, this 'darkness' immediately faded away. The room was sunny again, the birds outside began to sing and the curtains fluffed a bit from the wind.

I haven't seen her in almost 11 years, and am hoping she is well. I hope she knows that is one memory that I am very grateful for.
    cherri1966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Nov 20, 2006, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I have heard some pretty scary ouija board stories in my time. I want to know if anyone has heard of any?
    They are not a joke, so please don't play around with them. You can open up something that can stay with you for a long time. Don't Do it.
    Melissa666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I have heard some pretty scary ouija board stories in my time. I want to know if anyone has heard of any?

The board didn't work for me but, I think it brings Evil.
    Yesterday I was laying in my bed and I felt someone touch me
    But, no one was there. That scared the hell out of me.
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by cherri1966
    They are not a joke, so please don't play around with them. You can open up something that can stay with you for a long time. Don't Do it.

Yeah your right, I think it brought Evil for me. Cause a lot of weird stuffs been happening

I have one.

Who all thinks the ouija board is real?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 08:01 AM
    I'm going to start a new thread on this... Cause I'm a lot older with a lot more experience under my belt.

I believe the Ouija Board is... A GAME!

Please don't shoot the poster.

If you want to hear more come join me on -

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I'm going to start a new thread on this... Cause I'm a lot older with a lot more experience under my belt.

I believe the Ouija Board is....... A GAME!

Please don't shoot the poster.

If you want to hear more come join me on -

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery
    What can you recommend for a sticking ouija board wheel?

:)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I personally do not think it is a game at all. I would never go near one. It is not good.

Joe
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I too do not think it's a game.
    After dabbling in it myself when I was younger and with all the fool proof/cheat proof measures we took (like people keeping their eyes closed and heads turned away from the board while another person sat out and wrote down the letters), it was still spelling out answers.
    There is a lot of other stuff that happened to us in our Ouija board days and I truly believe it's because we unknowingly opened a passageway and invited them in... There is something else out there!
    Some people experience strange, unexplained phenomenons on a regular basis because the spirit world is attracted to those who are in-tune and opened minded toward it. I also believe that they await for those who call upon them, in some way can sense the calling, and then go there to communicate. OK, I know that may sound confusing, so let me explain... When my sister and I first started using the Ouija board, over and over again it never moved. Until one day it did, then each time after that, it moved more and more with more spirits/presences (or what ever they are) and more activity. When we weren't on it, it was as if the board was calling to us, like we were drawn to it... we just had to put our fingers on it. Who ever had their hands on the courser would become feeling very heavy and tired, like all the energy was being drained out of us, strange things happened around our home and to us (we saw things, heard things, and felt things) that were not figments of our imagination. We became so terrified at one point that we put the board away and resisted taking it out altogether. After a while had past, the strange things that were happening slowly stopped and went away.
    A long time had passed and we once again attempted to use it (don't know why, just to see what it would do I guess), but the courser didn't move. We decided to leave it at that and never messed with it again because we didn't want to open the door to communication or invite them back.
    I can't recall any of them being "good". The majority of them were either evil, scared, or lost in darkness (as they put it).
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 02:29 PM
    When I was much much younger I thought it was a game also. But I have learned diffferent. When I was 12, three of my friends and I were outside my parent's home, in the backyard with a ouija board. We were asking questions and I asked who I would marry and the name DAVE came up. I thought it was a joke, I did not even know anyone named Dave. That was 1964. In 1977 I married a guy named Dave. I asked about my Mom's headaches, will they go away. The board spelled out "die75". My Mom died in November of 1975. So I asked if my Dad would remarry and it spelled out "Yes". I aked who and it spelled "Martha" In 1981 my Dad married a woman named Martha.

Now one may say these are all innocent things. I believe when on "plays" with this board it opens a portal that we do not know what will enter and that we cannot control. After that Summer I never used that board again. Packed it away and it moved wherever I moved. Finally in 1989 I found it in a box and decided to burn it, along with some books I had on freemasonry ( they were part of a collection of antique books I had bought as a lot). The flames on that fire were blue and orange, never felt such a chill.
    kaillie1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2007, 09:35 AM
    I have played it beofre. It answered my borthday correctly.
    Although I heard that you are the one movibg it.
    The ideometer effect
    Look it up on gogole.
    I don't feel like explainging
    kaillie1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2007, 09:35 AM
    I went to counseling on my own at first,she didn't want to go,because it was "my problem" after awhile I could no longer afford it.Then last fall we both went.we went for a couple of months,then she said she was tired of going so we stopped.Things were better at first,but know we are back to where we started.She is good for change only for a short time.As far as paralyzed?She suffers from a thing called a cavernous venous malformation.In a nut shell she had a stroke of the spinal cord.This is at T 12.She is paralyzed from th hips down

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

A story? [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can someone tell me if it's possible to write a "story" in the present or future tense. It might seem like an odd question but I won't say more until I get a response. Thanks, Dragn ::)

View more questions Search