Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkknight_137 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2006, 08:30 PM
    School uniforms
    I would like to ask about school uniforms,I am taking part in a debate competition and the motion is school uniforms should be abolished.I really need help here.I need to noe the pros and the cons of school uniforms as well
    As opinions.PLEASE and thanks a million!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Hello darkknight,

You should check out this thread https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...hlight=uniform Many people have posted their views on school uniforms.

Here is what I said (in regarding why I don't like school uniforms), but you should check out that link for everyone else's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    School uniforms are dumb and they do nothing to improve the school environment. I wonder where I came up with that line from? :)

So, why do I not like school uniforms?

Few reasons:

1) The cost to the parents and child goes up. Not only does The Parent have to buy the school uniform, but he also has to buy other regular clothes for the child when the child goes out to socialzie with theire friends.

2) Children do not ge to learn about freedom of expression or simply how to express themselves. Children need to learn to express themselves and be accepted for the choices they make. School Uniforms simply hinder that process, not help it.

3) All the students will be the same. In the real world, thats not the case. In the real world, people ARE different and it should be reflected like that in the school system. We need to teach the children to get along with others EVER WHEN THEY ARE DIFFERENT. If everyone looks the same with uniforms, you can't really teach the children that lesson now can you?

4) Censorship. School uniforms are a form of censorship. While censorship is sometimes neccesairly in cases or hate crims against religions and races, we can't let it get out of control. School Uniforms are censoring a child's creative side. And alsmost always, Paretns never sees eye to eye with the child, and its the paretns who are trying to impliment school uniform. Look at the 1960s and the hippie revolution. Paretns and Children didnt see eye to eye, so should there have been a school uniform policy then? Perhaps it would have crushed the hippie movement. Would that have been a good thing?
    darkknight_137 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Whoa, tnx a million dude!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Your welcome
    iswarya_soundfreak93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 05:34 AM
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

After School Special? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember watching in the 80's. It was about a boy with red hair and a frog that sang "That's amore!" The boy was kind of a science geek. I think the frog came to life at the end... Anybody?

Trade School [ 2 Answers ]

The media is full of advertisements for trade schools computers, motorcycle, etc. I have conducted extensive research and cannot find a clear conscience answer. Are the schools worth the money and expense? One of the motorcycle schools for example upon graduation offers an entire set of tools. ...

Do you keep HM after school is over? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone keeps their Homework/Class work after the school semester is over? I do but not all of it.

About School [ 2 Answers ]

I happened to be very aggressive most of the time in school I mean just by someone looking at me it seeems to me like I got to do somethng about it because its going to hurt me and this has gotten me to be very popular in school with students and staff I mean students like me cause I won't beat up...

View more questions Search