Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    occifer kt Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Confused Teen
    I'm 14 years old and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a boyfriend, not so much just to have someone to call my boyfriend but someone to kiss and hold me, I want to feel like someone actually cares about me besides my friends and my family, not that I don't like them caring about me too, but I haven't had a boyfriend in like a year and I'm REALLY lonely. And I would get a boyfriend but there are like 200 people in my school and all the guys are either ugly rednecks or jerks, I want a skaterboy, a total badass would be absolutely perfect for me but... I live in Zavalla Texas, most boring place in the world, and the only guy id actually think about dating is Garrett Wright a complete hotty/basketball jock, but he's going out with another girl, 20 times hotter than me, I'm ugly and fat, I weigh like 112, I'm going to go on a diet!! WHY can't I FIND A GOOD BOYFRIEND!?
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 7, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Look hun looks arnt everything and as you get older you'll realise this

I've been out with really nice looking fellas and they've had an 8pack and big muscles and agreat tan and afew other things ill not got into but they turn out to be idiots and they treat you like dirt and have no respect and they think they can have anybody they want their gods gift etc

Don't go with afella just because of looks its not all about that its about who they are inside,their personality,how they make you feel,how they treat you,their character

But hay your young and have plenty of time to figure that out
    Just thought id tell you and maybe save you years of dating the wrong fellas
    But the saying is you learn by your mistakes just make sure you learn it the 1st time

And you probably can't find agood boyfriend is because your looking in the wrong place theirs probably afella at school who's really nice and really into you but you've not noticed
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 05:23 PM
    I will speak from a good life experience, all of the "hot" cheer leaders I went to school with fairly well got heavy, and ended up with pretty misable lifes. All of those great jocks, well none got that college scholarship for ball, a few made it to college ball but guess what most ended up working at a gas station, ( while nothing wrong with that) or working on a farm or working at a local factory,

Guess who got the good jobs, yep all of those nerds who you would not give the time of day in high school the boys who could not get invited to the "in" parties are the ones with all the best jobs.
    ** not always but in so many cases.
    And guess what after contacts, some hair style all of those stupid boys ended up being fairly well a good pick.

And all of those nerd girls, often come out as beauty queens years latter.

And I have no idea of your weight without your height, but often too skinny is not a good thing,

And to be honest 14 is so young, and as you go into high school, things change so much.

The most important thing is to learn to be happy being you, not needing someone to make you feel good about yourself or you end up being taken advantage of by someone.

So instead of the quarterback of the football team what about the captain of the chess club or perhaps the one who does the background in the drama club,
    occifer kt Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I will speak from a good life experience, all of the "hot" cheer leaders I went to school with fairly well got heavy, and ended up with pretty misable lifes. All of those great jocks, well none got that college scholarship for ball, a few made it to college ball but guess what most ended up working at a gas station, ( while nothing wrong with that) or working on a farm or working at a local factory,

Guess who got the good jobs, yep all of those nerds who you would not give the time of day in high school the boys who could not get invited to the "in" parties are the ones with all the best jobs.
    ** not always but in so many cases.
    And guess what after contacts, some hair style all of those stupid boys ended up being fairly well a good pick.

And all of those nerd girls, often come out as beauty queens years latter.

And I have no idea of your weight without your height, but often too skinny is not a good thing,

and to be honest 14 is so young, and as you go into high school, things change so much.

The most important thing is to learn to be happy being you, not needing someone to make you feel good about yourself or you end up being taken advantage of by someone.

So instead of the quarterback of the football team what about the captain of the chess club or perhaps the one who does the background in the drama club,

Not that it matters but... our school doesn't have a football team, or a chess team, or anything but baseball basketball and softball
    abi123 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2008, 03:09 AM
    Don't Think you need a boyfriend trust!
    Wait till you find a boy that loves you for who you are not what you look like you shouldn't have too change for anyone ecsept yourself!
    And that girl might be prettier but I bet she hasn't got the personality you have got!
    And the preety cheerleader girls don't get every thing they want and maybe if that guy don't like you for who you are then he's not worth is!
    X
    blacksinz Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Hey big things come from small packages. If there is a guy for u. And if he reli cares for u. Then u should not care what type of a guy he is. Nerd or watever what's important is their inner self. Keep tat in mind. I seen many non sport type of guys get turn down cause the girls want sport type of guys. But end up the girls who got them are super happy while the other girls end up regreting.
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2008, 06:12 AM
    You call 112 fat?
    no. so, if your that dumb because that is NOT fat.
    Get a dog.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:39 AM
    14 yrs old, 112 lbs and fat? What are you 4 feet tall?
    You are putting all your emphasis on wanting someone popular and good looking.
    You need to take a second look at the ones you think are ugly and possibly even some of the rednecks. There are rednecks and there are rednecks. I know some rednecks that are fun and some that are dorky wannabe whatevers.
    Anyway, many of the sports jock guys and cheerleaders want to stick with their group and are shallow anyway. You would do better finding someone that you can relate to and have a lot in common with. Having a boyfriend for the popularity isn't all that it is cracked up to be.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 02:44 PM
    You like all boys and girls have to learn to look inside a person to see what is there.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Your 14 not 41!
    You have all your life to be kissed and held. Live your life as a kid, you most likely want to grow up faster like a lot of 14 year olds but seriously everyone gets lonely, its normal. Wait until you finish school, most jock are jerks.
    Well, good luck x
    californiagrl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
    I think you're worried about all the wrong things here. First, 14 years old and 112 is not even remotely close to being fat and I wouldn't recommend going on a diet at all. I'm sure you are a very beautiful girl so don't be down on yourself like that. Everyone wants to be held and wants to feel cared about but it is much better to be with someone who cares about you for who you are rather than what you look like. You're 14 years old, you have your whole life ahead of you. You will meet someone who will love you and who you'll love back. When looking for a boyfriend your concerns shouldn't be if he's hot. That should be the last thing on your mind. You need to look for someone who you feel comfortable being yourself with and who can make you feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.
    Niamh-x Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Ah the globally asked question: 'Why can't I get a boyfriend?'
    I feel the same at this time
    Though funnily enough after a few months of going completely single with nobody, last night I met this guy and there was total chemistry and I'm hoping to see him again next week
    You never know when someone will come along and it's always when you least expect it
    Don't get yourself down about your wait, 112 is not fat for a 14 year old girl, I mean I'm fourteen, and I'm heavier and I've learnt over the past year or so, that it's better to be curvy than looking like you're about to blow over if the wind came - and I've been told that by many a boys
    But anyway to answer your question: If you stop looking, someone will START looking for you, I know I sound crazy but it's the way it works, just try to focus more on the fact that you've still got friends and family who care about you, some people would really wish for that
    All the best
    Niamh x :)
    xxbabykakezxx13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by occifer kt
    im 14 years old and i REALLY REALLY REALLY want a boyfriend, not so much just to have someone to call my boyfriend but someone to kiss and hold me, i want to feel like someone actually cares about me besides my friends and my family, not that i dont like them caring about me too, but i havnt had a boyfriend in like a year and im REALLY lonely. and i would get a boyfriend but there are like 200 ppl in my school and all the guys are either ugly rednecks or jerks, i want a skaterboy, a total badass would be absolutely perfect for me but... i live in Zavalla Texas, most boring place in the world, and the only guy id actually think about dating is Garrett Wright a complete hotty/basketball jock, but hes going out with another girl, 20 times hotter than me, im ugly and fat, i weigh like 112, im gonna go on a diet!!!!! WHY can't I FIND A GOOD BOYFRIEND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Well just try finding another boy don't threat ova 1 boy find a boy that suites u... I was in the same situation as you once but I got over it and I am going out with sum1 who won't chat to me no more.. so what should I do ? Get bk to me asap
    thegreatestviz Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 09:47 AM
    First of all there is nohing wrong with rednecks... and FYI no redneck would be considered UGLY...

See ill tell you in today's world what a guy wants
    A girl who is understanding-not someone who could blabber all day
    A girl who knows what she is doing
    A well maintained and intellectually sound
    Some also like it when girls are smart and bold
    There is nothing wrong with being fat but getting a b/f to hold you u need to shred some weight too..

Boys who are looking for g/f's look at the girls figure first
    The way they talk second
    And what they talk third

Some pay visual attention too so u might want to get prettier for getting some attraction.
    Well hope these suggessions work4u
    Regards
    Viz
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Its understandable that you want a boyfriend.
    What girl wouldn't like that? Haha

But sometimes its better to wait for someone to come to you, or maybe one day you'll meet him and just know.
    But don't keep looking and trying.
    Its a lot harder that way

:)

May 3, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbabykakezxx13
    well just try finding another boy don't threat ova 1 boy find a boy that suites u ... i was in the same situation as u once but i got over it and i am going out with sum1 who wont chat to me no more .. so what should i do ? get bk to me asap
    Please explain your situation properly please...

May 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Some pay visual attention too so u might want to get prettier for getting some attraction..

U mite want to get prettier means that- for attracting guys you may put make up
    Get slimmer
    Walk with pride and style
    Be more conscious
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

May 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
    YOU DON'T NEED MAKE UP HUN!

All make up does is give you spots and if you don't put it on properly you'll look orange.
    Plus if he doesn't like the natural you then don't bother with him,he's got to like you for you not the rubbish you put on your face

If you want to lose some weight then go running and cut down on the fattening food like crisp,chocolate,pies,burgers,eat an apple instead of crisp,don't drink coke or fizzy drinks they have soooo much suger in.don't eat after 8pm,go for awalk after you've had your meals,try swimming,running etc.hun I've got 2kids,before I had my kids I was 10stone,I put on 5stone with my first and couldn't lose it,then I got pregnant with my youngest who's 7months old,I put on about 3 stone with him so I was REALLY BIG,now 7 months after I've lost it all. Look I went from this-having no waist at allName:  fatme2.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  85.4 KB to this-got waist now! :) Name:  101_0870to this.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  66.7 KB just eating the right things and getting plenty of exercise,going for walks after meals,playing football with my eldest.if you put your mind to it you can do it,I did and the fat you get while your pregnant and the fat you have left after having ababy is worse to get rid of than teen puppy fat,I've got bit more to lose then ill be happy but if I can do it after 2 kids then you can

Good luck hun and don't wear make up,if he doesn't like you for you then he's not worth it.

How tall are you hun??
    kateuk Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
    112 is like the perfect size to be!
    I can't be bothered reading other comments, so someone might have already said this...
    Don't act desperate, or TRYING to get a boyfriend. It happens so much slower if you act like this. Having said that it is pretty hard to kind of forget about it. But that's the only way it'll really happen. If a nice guy comes along and you chuck yourself at him straight away because of your current mentality, he will almost definitely run a mile. Chill out, enjoy being young free and single with your mates, and see having a boyfriend as only a tiny improvement on an already great life.
    wezziebabii28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
    You is not fat frist off,and you just go up to him and tel him that you like him it don't hurt to ask yea diggg.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Love [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter is a relationship and he lives about 45 minutes away. He has been a longtime friend of the family and they have know each other for years. Honestly I never thought they would hit it off. But they did with no input from me or her father .He is a great kid but has never had the family...

Teen Pregency. [ 11 Answers ]

Help!! I have this friend and we've been friends since the 2nd grade(were in the 11th grade now) and I haven't really got to talk to her at all because my boyfriend doesn't like her because she sleeps around and he's afriad that I'll cheat on him when I'm w/ her. Recently I found out that she is...

Confused teen [ 1 Answers ]

OK here it goes my period usually last 5 day well jan 2007 I came on it last 4 days feb. 2007 I didn't come on and mar. 2007 I came on and it was light as first but than got OK and it last for four days it is now April and I came on my period it only been two days it is really heavy could I still...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search