Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Apr 7, 2008, 03:12 PM
    What can I use to sooth redness after threading?
    I recently purchased epicare for threading facial hair and I must confess I was a little skeptical about it in the beginning but decided to try it anyway.and guess what?I had absolutely nothing to loose besides my upper lip and chin hair but after I was done threading,those areas were really red but I didn't have any irritation.I know the redness will subside in a few hours but I am wondering what I can use to reduce the redness faster than just waiting.does anyone know a lotion or product I can use to reduce redness after threading?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 03:29 PM
    You shouldn't have been sceptical cause threading facial hair, or any body hair goes back to ancient times and is a tried and true method, although I wouldn't have the patience to do myself !

I would go so far as to say, gorgeouslady, please don't put any lotion on the redness, just ice packs. I imagine any lotion would make it worse, which you don't want. By the time you come back on and read this after using a bit of icy cold water, ice cube in a facecloth, whatever, the redness will be gone. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 7, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Some people will experience some redness after threading or waxing treatments. It's a normal reaction. Try applying an astringent lotion or cream to reduce the redness. Aloe vera gel can also help reduce inflammation and redness on the skin.

Apr 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Thank you very much for your responses and they were very helpful to me.I really appreciate it.
    lilparsnip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeouslady
    i recently purchased epicare for threading facial hair and i must confess i was a little skeptical about it in the beginning but decided to try it anyway.and guess what?i had absolutely nothing to loose besides my upper lip and chin hair but after i was done threading,those areas were really red but i didn't have any irritation.i know the redness will subside in a few hours but i am wondering what i can use to reduce the redness faster than just waiting.does anyone know a lotion or product i can use to reduce redness after threading?
    Hi gorgeouslady,
    Ice on the red area will reduce the swelling, which is quite normal after threading or waxing treatments. I have a question/favor of you. You answered and inquiry on May 9, 2007 that I believe will be helpful fro me. Can you send me the name of the herbs your mother sent to remedy your sinus infections? I have not been successful in addressing the psot nasal drip and dry mouth from them. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. I'm at "lilparsnip"

Aug 18, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Hi lilparsnip,if you go to any african shop mostly ghanaian,just ask for nasal powder and they will know what you are talking about.I don't know if you have access to any ghanaian shop around you but if you do most ghanaians use it so they will know.it is a mixture of different herbs but it doesn't have a specific name for it.it's just called nasal powder in ghana.let me know if you find it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Threading my Treadle [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble threading my Raymond treadle. I followed the directions yet the thread keeps breaking when I am sewing. It's supposed to wrap under this flat piece and then up into the hook. That's where my trouble is- going under that flat piece, it doesn't look right. What am I doing wrong?...

How to sooth a 6 moth old teething [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and is having a horrible time with teething. He's his nornal happy, smilling and giggling self, but when his teeth start to hurt he does this whimpering thing and then cries if I don't hold him right away. I feel horrible because all I know what to do is to hold him, give...

Reverse threading on mower blades [ 1 Answers ]

Are Blades on lawnmowers Murray select riding mower specifically, reverse threaded. Icannot get the nuts off to change the blades. Thank you

Pipe threading [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to unscrew a nut in a cleanout line, and it won't budge in the counter-clockwise direction, but will Move in the clockwise direction. Are these pipes oppositely threaded, or is it simply a question of forces and mechanical advantage? Thanks, Roy

View more questions Search