Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bob43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Bath room sink drains slow.
    I just installed new sinkstop and rods on my bath room sink. Now the sink drains slow. I pull up twist slightly the stopper, it drains fine.what causes this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Hi Bob:

Sounds like you may not have enough POP-UP in your pop-up assembly.

When you installed the parts... did you maximize pop up.. If not, I would set the horizontal pivot rod ONE HOLE LOWER in the clevis and see if that helps.

Sounds like your stopper is not allowing water and air to mix properly as water drains.

Let me know what you think... or if I misunderstood "sinkstops and rods"..

Talk soon... Mark

Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vessel Sink without overflow drains slow [ 59 Answers ]

I installed a new vessel sink without an overfolw and it drains very slow. When I loosen a connection and let some air in it drains fine, just like it did with the original undercounter sink. So I assume I need to do something to compensate for the lack of an overflow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sewage smell from sink drains in main bath and kitchin sink [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought our first house they ran a new sewage line from all sinks,toilets,tubs,and washer to main line and replace main line to city main. The main bath sink is the worst it smells my sons room and hall way. Is the pipe to small main is 4in and vent is 2in. We have 2 full baths with...

Bath Room Vanity Sink Broken Drain Extension [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody has a resolution to a broken Nut on a sink extension From the wall is the drain extension is connected to the trap. The problem is the nut broke off. Now I can't slip a new nut over to connect to the trap because there is a solid ring from stopping me from replacing a...

Bath room sink stub out [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink drain stub out is 1 1/4" and my new drain pipe for the sink is 1 1/4" how do I connect them? Or do I change out the stub out to something different? Thanks, RD

Whirlpool bath drains slow [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new house and have a new whirlpool bathtub for the first time, but no owner's manual. After a month or so of living, the water is draining slower and I need to clean the hair out of the filter/trap. The drain plug just pushes down to close draining or pushes up to open. I can't...

View more questions Search