Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Gigs & gigs of music
    Hello:

I have a program called intellimover, but it won't transfer from a 32 bit to a 64 bit computer, which is what I bought.

How do I get those gigs of music transferred over without reinstalling every disk?

excon
    BoomerPro Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2008, 12:53 PM
    What operating system are you using? How are you connecting the 2 computers?

Despite those answers, perhaps investing in an external mobile hard drive to use as a backup would be a good idea, and that would also be your device to transfer the music.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Hello Boomer:

The old computer is xp and the new one is vista.

I'm NOT connecting the computers. I wish I could.

I use a 4 gig little memory stick to back up my data. All my pictures and ALL my videos, and ALL my other data fits on it. But, my music won't.

excon
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 8, 2008, 10:36 AM
    I assume all your music are mp3s, video files, audio files and the like stored on a hard drive of the 32 bit computer?

If so, buy an hard drive to usb converter. Google, IDE to USB adapters or SATA to USB for examples.

Remove the hard drive with the gigs and gigs of music, connect it to the usb adapter, then plug the usb into the 64 bit PC.

It should then be detected like an external hard drive, and Windows Vista will assign a drive letter, which will let you access everything on it.

Or, you can connect both computers on a network using an hub or switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? Thanks to all who help me:)

Lipstick make & color on a music video [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding out the make and color of a lipstick worn by an artist (Nelly Furtado) on a music video ("On the Radio")?

View more questions Search