Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STAC-iiE-x3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 02:07 AM
    Dyeing your hair from black to brown
    If you have black hair, how do u dye it brown again?:)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 7, 2008, 05:16 AM
    If you want to go from black to brown, you will need to use some kind of hair lightening product. It's best to have your hair pre-lightened to a level that is lighter than the color you want and then apply the desired color. Another option is to use a (cool) base ash hair color and a 20-volume peroxide developer in equal parts to achieve results. Ash hair colors work best on dark/black hair. It will cut down the reddish tones and give you a brownish color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

From black to brown hair again [ 3 Answers ]

Which is more effective, Colorfix or Color Zap and which is more gentle to the hair? Thanks, Maureen :confused:

Dyeing from Black-Blue hair too Blonde. [ 6 Answers ]

hello:). basically i used too have brown hair, but then i dyed it a Black-Blue colour (very dark), but i would like too go Bleech Blonde. Will it work ?

Black hair to brown [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I've got a problem with my hair I died it black 5 mouths ago and now I want it brown so I've tried dying it blond but now my roots are ginger and my ends are black problem is I live in spain now so I don't now how to get hair stripers and I can't use a hair dresser because I don't now...

Dyeing hair to medium brown w/out having to go DARK [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium brown and when out in the sun it turns blond. I had bleached highlights in my hair and recently decided to go back to my natural color. My roots are very dark brown so my stylist (5 months ago) used shades eq by redken and dyed my hair DARK brown and it has mahogony...

View more questions Search