Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TurboT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Internet Explorer Could not open the search page
    Hi,
    I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop that is running Win XP SP2 which was formated recently. I do not have the restore CD so I proceeded to the Lenovo site to download the drivers.
    I downloaded from the internet, the wireless and Ethernet drivers using my desktop PC and installed both on the lenovo. (I have a wireless router that is working fine) When I plug in the ethernet cable, the laptop shows me that I'm connected but does not browse the internet at all. I keep getting the error that says 'Internet Explorer could not open the search page'. I have been trying to open Google but to no avail. I even put in the IP address for the Google site in the address bar but it still doesn't load.

Can someone help me please, I am so disparate.
    IT Helpp Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Apr 8, 2008, 11:17 AM
    You want to make sure that your laptop IP settings are similar to your desktop (you should have the laptop set to DHCP). Second, make sure that you do not have any LAN restrictions on your router. Third, disable and re-enable the Local Area Connection.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
    All good suggestions. Try those first, and if they don't help, try a different network cable... a staple or anything going through it can really throw things off, or a bad termination at one of the ends. Network cables are twisted on the inside to they create a sortof insulation from each other in terms of interference... if anything happens that could cause interference, the cable can lose pretty much all functionality.
    TurboT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IT Helpp
    You want to make sure that your laptop IP settings are similar to your desktop (you should have the laptop set to DHCP). Second, make sure that you do not have any LAN restrictions on your router. Third, disable and re-enable the Local Area Connection.
    Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. - TurboT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer could not open the search page [ 1 Answers ]

I have IBM laptop (Thinkpad) .& I have problem with Internet explorer the problem is coming that "Internet explorer could not open the search page ."

IE: Internet explorer could not find the search page [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Laptop with Windows XP installed. I was using IE to browse web regularly. Resently I installed Spyware and also executed - which indicated some infections and I cliked on button to remove. After this activity I tried to connect to NET from IE - but after few seconds a...

IE can not open search page [ 1 Answers ]

Internet explorer 6(sp2) error msg: Internet explorer can not open search page.

Internet Explorer cannot open search page [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... I have set up 3 computers for Internet and the 3rd one does not work correctly when going out to the Internet. I am able to dial out and connect with my provider (Chilitech) and even get the main page from Chilitech. When I go to click on a link or anything off the main page -...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

View more questions Search